[Archive] Can the Iron Demon get in combat first turn

rpitts2004:

Per the BRB you cannot charge first turn, but as the Iron Demon rules say, you just roll your 2d6 with the 10 inches and if you hit something you get into combat, Is this legal?

flashgordon:

well its a 24" gap, so if you are going first, no, if you are going second ofc you can, both are first turn, i assume you meant. and you only cant charge first turn if you use fast move, vanguard or what ever its called, if you can normally make it, you are welcome to

rpitts2004:

So it’s whoever goes first cannot charge but the person who goes 2nd can? And yeah also for vanguard or scouts if they are close than the 24 inches

Sherlocko:

Per the BRB you cannot charge first turn,

rpitts2004
Where is that rule? I can only find one about if you use vanguard/scout you may not charge with those units if you go first in the first turn.

So if you play Blood&Glory you should be able to charge first turn if both the unit you are charging with and the unit revieving the charge have deoployed as close as possibly and you have M over 6. Sadly, the Iron Demon have M6...

rpitts2004:

Per the BRB you cannot charge first turn,

rpitts2004
Where is that rule? I can only find one about if you use vanguard/scout you may not charge with those units if you go first in the first turn.

So if you play Blood&Glory you should be able to charge first turn if both the unit you are charging with and the unit revieving the charge have deoployed as close as possibly and you have M over 6. Sadly, the Iron Demon have M6...

Sherlocko
I was just going on the top of my head so i'm wrong, So it's whoever GOES first cannont charge, but the follow up player in 1st turn can charge. Thought the ID was 10 my bad, but it's still possible against a vanguard unit.

Ender SpiteSworn:

I believe anyone can charge 1st turn unless the particular unit made a vanguard or scout move, in which case you can not charge only if you won the first turn roll off.

not the iron demon only moves 6" , so your max charge is 18".

Also, there really isn’t z reason to declare a charge when the distance is long. If you just move and hit them you still get impact hits, but if you declare a charge and fail then you can’t shoot. I always plan on shooting as long as I can.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I’ve played in a few different scenarios where the deployment zones are adjusted and quite often it is possible to make a turn one charge.  The diagonal deployment zones especially comes to mind.  Scouts that deploy outside of their native deployment zone and units that make vanguard moves are the only units not permitted to charge on turn one provided they won the roll for first turn.

Grimbold Blackhammer

richard barby:

maybe something with a random move can do if its next to a river of light and gets timewarp cast on it and your playing meeting engaement or blood and glory

zhatan87:

You can charge whoever goes firts, except for some units (vanguard, scouts). For example, you can charge a scout unit or a vanguard unit wrong placed…