[Archive] *cancelled!* Incredibly Custom Chaos Dwarf Army for Sale!

Lord Veshnakar:

This is a project of mine that I have been working on for close to a year now. My wife and I have an unexpected arrival coming to our family, and we are going to have to pull money from where we can find it. My precious chaos dwarves are unfortunately the first up on the chopping block. The army contains the following…

Most everything listed is heavily converted. They are unprimed, based with gravel, and ready for primer and paint.

2 Chaos Dwarf Lord/Heros (one is custom made from the dwarf lord with helmet in arm, the other is the Avatar of War Dwarf Lord of Chaos)

1 Chaos Dwarf Battle Standard Bearer

3 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerers

1 Hobgoblin Hero

1 Chaos Dwarf Lord Mounted on Great Taurus (I can include the original wings if you would like)

25 Chaos Dwarf Warriors w/full command, shields, and hand weapons

25 Chaos Dwarf Warriors w/full command, shields, and hand weapons

15 Chaos Dwarf Warriors w/standard and blunderbusses

15 Chaos Dwarf Warriors w/standard and blunderbusses

10 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders w/bows

10 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders w/bows

10 Hobgoblins on foot w/bows

25 Goblins w/full command, spears, and shields

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers

1 Custom Death Rocket

2 Complete Hell Cannons (used as earth shakers)

3 Very OOP chaos dwarves

15 Spare Chaos Dwarf Blanks to use for whatever you would like, I had planned to convert them to chaos dwarves with great weapons but didnt have to time to get around to it

All of the miniatures are unpainted and ready to go for primer and paint as shown in the pictures.

The hobgoblins were all converted from gnoblars w/bows from the night goblin box set

Now you will notice in the pictures, the warriors, blunderbuss warriors, sorcerers, and the death rocket crew all all white plastic. Well currently it is impossible to obtain the metal chaos dwarves outside of buying the hell cannons themselves. Traditionally this army would have cost me way too much to buy all of the hell cannons to obtain the crew so I took the approach of modifying the crew of one of my hell cannons crews with extra armor and bits and cast them up in resin. Once cast I added bits to them depending on their units etc. This is frowned upon by games workshop, and possibly a lot of the community, but it my eyes it was the ONLY way I could undertake this project.

Each chaos dwarf took roughly 3 attempts to cast properly with as minimal bubbles as possible, and each mold I made would last around 15 or so chaos dwarves. The costs for the resin and silicone alone in the end totaled over 200$ easily, it’s expensive stuff, but much less expensive then the alternative, so doing the math figuring in mishaps and mis-molds and understand that this was an INCREDIBLY time consuming and financially draining task. It was very treacherous at times.

So suffice it so say though, I therein can’t actually put a worth price on the chaos dwarves cast this way, but consider their worth to be the time invested, and make an offer of the army reasonable to said time invested.

Pictures are below…

I am looking for a reasonable cash offer for the army.

PM me with interests/offers for the army.  I will not break the army up in any way, shape, or form. Thanks.

My trading references are here for those curious:

Bartertown.com - Login

Feedback Profile

(Note the first picture shows the full army, minus the two hell cannons, 25 goblin spearmen, and 3 OOP chaos dwarves)

tjub:

Too bad you have to part from them, they army looks great! I really like the huge wings on your Taurus…

Da Crusha:

too bad you wont break it up, I would be happy to take a unit of your hands, money is money after all.

starscream:

not sure about the legallity of selling what are essentially recasts… but it wouldnt bother me, awesome army (sadly out of my range).

clam:

Yes, it’s an awesome army - sorry to hear you have to let it go.

But I think Starscream is right, don’t think it can be allowed selling recasts of IP protected GW model in here. Think you would have to remove those from here.

Loki:

Thats a great army, its a real shame that you have to let it go :(, and i am sorry to say its out of my range as well but best of luck selling it :slight_smile:

Lord Veshnakar:

Honestly, I was just looking for offers. I don’t actually have an asking price. As to the legality of selling them, as I said, I am not selling the white plastic ones, its rather a package deal. I’m considering all of the recast miniatures at a zero value.

Lord Veshnakar:

Well! My auction for a ton of OOP warhammer miniatures turned out WAY better then expected so I’ll be holding onto the boys! Stay tuned for a painting blog soon! :cheers

tjub:

Well! My auction for a ton of OOP warhammer miniatures turned out WAY better then expected so I'll be holding onto the boys! Stay tuned for a painting blog soon! :cheers

Lord Veshnakar
:hat off Looking forward to it...

Gar Shadowfame:

I'm considering all of the recast miniatures at a zero value.
nice legal trick

also isnt it true that if u hold an original you can make an unimited number of copies for your own use?
so having a opy as long as u have original is perfectly legal, but if u lose original then you are breaking the law

Loki:

Great to hear, look forward to seeing some painted ones soon :slight_smile:

Grimstonefire:

Zero value but asking for time and materials is not non profit I’m afraid.

Thread locked.  Those interested will have to inquire privately.

It is a very nice army btw.