[Archive] Carmine Dragon (now with rider)

Necrotique:

So WF just released a new model (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/CARMINE_DRAGON.htm)

Well, I’m getting one for my Chaos army as soon as I get the cash together. I think it looks beautiful yet menacing - like a dragon should :slight_smile:

It’s obviously gearing up for the SoM expansion and you can definitely see the similarities but I was bought at the words “black dragon” and “found in swamps and mires” as that’s where Toad Dragons live, so it’s a good choice for my army.

It’s also very affordable for a FW model at 55quid - less than the HE dragon over here in Australia.

Your thoughts?

:cheers

Zuh-Khinie:

Awesome miniature… really the first FW/GW dragon of which I feel safe to say that it’s beautifull…

And looking at the price, I might buy myself one.

nilbog:

Indeed, for forgeworld models it almost seems a bargain. It looks like I would imagine a dragon to look like, which is rare. Tempting…

MartyF:

That is a stunning model and one that will be part of my collection. :cheers

As others have said £55 seems really good value.

nitroglysarine:

That is a sexy beast!

Love him, when I’m richer it’ll be mine!

Necrotique:

I will definitely be getting one (or two) as I love the model so much. It just looks wow, and I didn’t want to seem biased as the first poster but I’d have to say it is beautiful and looks like an actual swamp-beast should.

Lord Archaon:

Pose and sculpting work is awesome, but i’m not sure about the head. Looks too skaven to me ;).

Loki:

The funny thing is i first saw this model at the the 2009 gamesday in the uk and its only just coming out now , it is the best dragonthat gw has made, it looks solid and does not like it will break easy like all the others that they have made , if i have the money i will get one for my chaos lord to ride

Necrotique:

I’ve gone over my spending limit this month (almost have to sleep on the couch :()

Nevertheless, I’ve still got a pre-order for a Chaos lord on Manticore, SoM book and Chimera.

Then it’s time to work my fingers through the bone to appease my other half :stuck_out_tongue:

That said, I love this model and may get one in a month or two.

@Archaon - I see that too. Is it just the snout for you (as it’s smooth)

@Loki - yeah, it’s much, much better than the HE dragon (and the same price over here)

snowblizz:

I've gone over my spending limit this month (almost have to sleep on the couch :()
Nevertheless, I've still got a pre-order for a Chaos lord on Manticore, SoM book and Chimera.
Then it's time to work my fingers through the bone to appease my other half :P

Necrotique
The wargamers secret for smoothing out any problems with the significant other:

"So, those new shoes of yours, they were how much?"

Works 7 times out of 10 I'm told. :~;P

Thommy H:

It works, but if you live by the sword, you die by the sword. In other words, once you start using shoes as an argument for getting more little men, you stop being able to complain about shoes.

snowblizz:

It works, but if you live by the sword, you die by the sword. In other words, once you start using shoes as an argument for getting more little men, you stop being able to complain about shoes.

Thommy H
Naturally. I forgot to mention that.
Then again, it's not like one has any say anyway when it comes to shoes...

Though someone mentioned something along the lines of "there always the risk you'll find out *exactly* how much they cost, and you probably don't want that".

As you say there is the risk that you have by default given carte blanche for shoe shopping. Consider this a disclaimer.:hat off

nitroglysarine:

Thommy H
Normally as your voice is smothered out by a torrent of shoes over your head. ;)

Necrotique:

Hehe, all so true :slight_smile:

Finding these “shortcuts” out more and more on the months leading up to the marriage. My favourite way of doing it is to buy myself a lot of models, but also order her some clothes or shoes. I then present her with her parcel and quietly forklift my lot away into my den :stuck_out_tongue:

nitroglysarine:

Cunning, but she knows, I’m never sure how, but; SHE KNOWS!

Necrotique:

Cunning, but she knows, I'm never sure how, but; SHE KNOWS!

nitroglysarine
Amen.

nitroglysarine:

nitroglysarine
Amen.

Necrotique
I had the theory that she was at least half Betazoid.

Admiral:

nitroglysarine
That's marriage. :hat off

Necrotique:

The dragon was updated today with a rider under the “Empire” section of the Forge for 70quid

I can’t help but think that it now looks like a Bretonnian Damsel is riding it. Does anyone else get that?

Also, just re-read the marriage posts :stuck_out_tongue:

snowblizz:

The dragon was updated today with a rider under the "Empire" section of the Forge for 70quid
I can't help but think that it now looks like a Bretonnian Damsel is riding it. Does anyone else get that?
Also, just re-read the marriage posts :P

Necrotique
Nothing says "damsel in distress" like a huge reaper's sickle and MOAR SKULLZ!!!!1one!! than you can shake a stick at???:o

I'm thinking Vampiress(*).... maybe that vaunted VC monster GW is going to put in WD next month.

(*) of course in the good old days it was easy to tell who was supposed to be evil or not, this could be a priestess of Morr with all the roses present
bloody GW and their MOAR SKULLZ mania