[Archive] CD alliance

zagor66:

Dont know if anyone else posted this but I thought I could team up Hordes of chaos with CD as a alliance to make up for each armies weaknesses.:hat offOr just for looks.:hat

wallacer:

It depends on what you mean by “team up”.

You can team up with them in a team game, as in the General’s compendium, or you can team up with them in a worldwide campaign like the nemesis campaign.

You can’t just start mixing and matching bits from the two lists however.

Well, you could if you opponent gave you consent I suppose, but it doesn’t seem terribly sportsmanlike to mix and match in order to negate weaknesses.

zagor66:

I also said just for looks.:mask

wallacer:

I also said just for looks.:mask

zagor66
True. That is a more valid reason than weaknesses.
I still think you'll be fighting an uphill battle to talk an opponent into letting you do it, but there is no harm in asking I guess ;)

zagor66:

If I can find an opponent of course.

Tallhat:

You have no one to play against?

- Tallhat

Arlon:

:o no one to play against

thats a shame well if you live in california

near modesto

threre’s this place downtown were everyones up for a game

Arlon:

in the future i can see 3 chaos books

hordes

demons

beast

and has for chaos dwarfs forming an alliance maby a special choice for warriors just warriors

Bill-117:

Just let your opponent play combined Dwarves and Empire. :smiley:

Ronshank:

I suppose the’re both Chaos and the newest fluff is illuding to a more demon flavoured CD but it would probably make more sense having a rag tag bunch of general core models from other armies, based on the whole slave thing. It’d make sense that they might have one. (*imagines dirty gross high elf in servatude)

but yeah it would more be a display army I think. I personally wouldn’t let someone have a troop line-up like that on me. Would be cool to put together though

wallacer:

and has for chaos dwarfs forming an alliance maby a special choice for warriors just warriors

Arlon
I can't really see CD being keen to march off to war and fight for someone else.

Bill-117:

They did in the SoC. For insane amounts of slaves.

Willmark:

Depends on how you look at it. Fighting for Allies? Now way, we have no allies, everyone is a potential enemy or slave. Fighting alongside others because it happens to suit our aims at the moment… maybe.

Bill-117:

It’s not infeasible if a Chaos Lord came down from the steppes to attack an Empire city and needed our aid in exchange for full plunder rights that we would help. Of course, we’d turn on him afterwards and take his entire army back to Zharr Naggrund to work in the factories. :hat off

Uzkul Werit:

The only Chaos worshippers I could see the Dawi Zharr not getting along with would be the various Maruader tribes that rely on horses. For some reason, they keep on attacking walled cities without any correct equipment.

Bill-117:

Poor horses…

Kera foehunter:

how can you fight well with an army that you can’t trust.and you can’t take them as slaves

Bill-117:

They can to be taken as slaves… Just after all enemy ass is kicked.

cornixt:

Just because we enslave some people doesn’t mean we enslave every single person we come across. Trade and alliances are very important, if we enslaved everyone then we’d die from lack of food, then get overrun

Xander:

We have strong alliances with Ogre Leaders, and Orc Leaders. We get Gnoblar and Goblin slaves that way. :wink: