[Archive] CD as Chaos Dogs of War

Merchant:

Hi there - my fellow Chaos Dwarf Players :cheers

I was getting a shock to day, when my fiancée come home today.

She was getting my Hellcannon (So now I’m happy little fat-Chaos Dwarf:slight_smile:) However - when she paid for the figures, she was getting the messaged:

(The salesman) - Well you do know that the Chaos dwarf, is comming to the Hords and deamon as warriors for hire (meaning DOW). :o

Well I don’t know if it is true or not?

Kera foehunter:

thats cool anyway !! that a great message

btw when she gets home will supper be ready Merchant???

Grongi Blackbeard:

i’ve heard nothing of it before, but  if thats the case it would mean theres a smaller chance for CD’s to get an army of their own :o

still if its true, then atleast you can use them for something…

torn:

it would be good news, but i imagine that the store guy just means the hellcannon. I wouldnt get my hopes up, but maybe they are putting a DoW warriors/blunderbuss unit in as well. I think if they were making new minis a pic would have been on warseer somewhere by now though.

metro_gnome:

i doubt he means actual DoW…

prolly referring to the rumored Special choice in mortals as “hiring” CD…

minty:

ummmm, the hell cannon is a legal unit in the ‘warriors of chaos’ list in wd40, with a small caption about Cds there, and saomethignsaying we are still being re-done

Grimstonefire:

@Minty

Which WD are you referring too (country and number)?

I haven’t heard anything else about this yet, but I’ll ask around.

minty:

UK, 340, origonal draft copy

not fullt confirmed, about the caption, but all of the other stuff is confirmed

Merchant:

it would be good news, but i imagine that the store guy just means the hellcannon. I wouldnt get my hopes up, but maybe they are putting a DoW warriors/blunderbuss unit in as well.

torn
In my oppinion this is also what he meant (about the hellcannon - but their are already out)
btw when she gets home will supper be ready Merchant???

Kera foehunter
Well we were getting friends over for dinner - but we got a family size pizza :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Well it was what we get out of it, he will tell you anything to see you back in his store - I guess

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

Nope. It was an 1-April hoax from Podhammer …

Kera foehunter:

thats nice a pizza and hellcanon what else could you want .

Vasquez:

Nope. It was an 1-April hoax from Podhammer ...

Hrothgar Goldgreed
Thank God... I really thought that sounded wierd :o
I like to think of the CDs as an army for themselves... That's what makes them unique ;) ...though I don't play them myself.

cornixt:

It has yet to be confirmed if that one was or not. The 40k one was obvious, but the others are not so unrealistic

metro_gnome:

and also the push back of dark elves has been confirmed in the space wolf thread…

so the podcast is not all tomfoolery… I hope they will clear up which bits were foolishness in the next podcast…

i wanna send money to the replace mark’s ogres fund…

Canix:

Perhaps they plan for the CD to be an allied contingent as per dogs of war interpretation of kislev

"In order to make your army selection choices easier, we have created two charts that contain all of the current Dogs of War and Regiments of Renown choices that we could locate. These choices have been cross-indexed with every available Warhammer army (and army variant). Simply run down the list until you find your army, then look across the top to find the Dogs of War choice or Regiment Renown that interests you. Inside that cell on the chart, you will find how the choice may be taken in your army or if it is prohibited from your list.

A Note About Kislev:

Although we’ve included the Kislev Army in the charts, they are not Dogs of War per se but the first of a new and different (albeit similar) type of choice for your army called an Allied Contingent. Complete rules for deploying Kislev Allied Contingents in Warhammer Armies can be found in the Warhammer Chronicles 2004 book on pp. 14-27. "

This from GW US also i read Gav thorpe saying they want to be able to change DOW so will not put the rules in army books :hat