[Archive] CD Deathstar!

Da Crusha:

no problem Malorn

I am very much against Death Stars. As then some teenaged punk with a pet robot will come and ruin everything. Stupid Rebels.

I prefer “Star Destroyers”… ironically both fit the ships of the good guys and explain a tactical mindset. What these are several medium/strong/good (but not VERY good) units. If one fails, or is destroyed somehow you still have some strengths left. Plus you’re likely to have variety and can respond better to different situations.

Generally these “Star Destroyers” work amazingly well together… and you can finally crush those ‘Western Dwarf Scum’ or whomever you’re fighting.

Swissdictator
that sounds like a good plan too, Ill keep my options open.

Bassman:

stay on topic guys. I want to know how to make this cd deathstar(or not) better. what you would do? and, I dont care about dark elf deathstars.

bassman: id like to know how 2 units of hobgoblins could take on this unit. redirecting? dont forget the army will still have more than 1400 points still on the field, all placed strategically of course.

Da Crusha
Hi, supposed we are playing RH list. If so you'll have only a sorcerer hidden in an unit (warriors, blunderbusses? doesn't matter).
Along with normal stuff, bolt throwers, heartshaker, bull centaurs and so.
If your charcaters are pinned into the unit, otherwise this will end soon to be a Deathstar... you have the usual mobility problems of any chaos dwarf army.
Your hearshaker will struggle to protect your deathstar AND the rest of the army. I'd use the rest of my army to deal (maybe loose, maybe win.... it depends on yours and my skills, of ocurse) with your troops.
In the meanwhile, two hobgoblins units are more than sufficient to
1) let you charge them with your uber unit of doom and deroute it out of position/into a forest/out of the board for 3-4 turns
2) Use your bull heroes to charge them, but your unit is no more a Death star and will be played as normal.
3) You do not care? You're march blocked, stopped by 20-40 points.....
than you can: waste resorches to shoot my hobgoblins.... use other troops to divert my hobgoblins.....
as you can see it is always a win-win situation for me.
Of course this depends on our skills but, isn't supposed a death star unit to grind up enemies without any particular skills?
If it needs supports, tactics and skills, well it's a powerfull unit but not a death star :)

Da Crusha:

aww, yes that is good answer bassman I like using those tactics. So to make my unit more powerful I can keep them away from difficult terrain and shoot off bull centaurs at minor threat… good ideas.