[Archive] CD heavy cavalry,light cavalry,pikemen

Breakfiend:

I have seen a few people in the past convert DoW units to look like the race of their own army eg Skinks and a cannon to represnt a DoW cannon.

I was just thinking, what would CD look like on horse back (model wise). It would be nice to light cavalry, or anything from the DoW list but with chaos dwarf models improvising. For example useing armoured horses with CD torsos on top for mercenary cavalry. Does anyone have any ideas about what models to use instead of the DoW ones?

Hopes this gives helps with people looking for new ideas.

metro_gnome:

um… how bout bull centaurs?

Slaver_of_Zharr:

and for Moglah Khans wolfboys, how about…Moglah Kans Wolfboys :slight_smile: assuming they still sell those that is

PS. ok so that probally wasnt particualarily helpful but still…

Perturabo:

I would use Bull Centaurs as heavy cavalry, Hobbo wolf riders as light cavalry, and convert Hobbo’s with spears to use as pikemen. I don’t think Dwarves would look right on horseback, so you may want to steer clear of that route.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I don’t think dwarfs look good on horses. If you really want a mount for them, try something else like a ram (it looked good in WoW at least). However, fluff-wise the Chaos Dwarfs would probably rely on a beast that lives in the Plains of Zharr, and AFAIK there is not much there of suitable size other than wolves that prey on the smaller animals…

Pyro Stick:

How do you think a dwarf would look mounted on a horse? It would look quite stupid. CD Pikemen would be quite cool though

wallacer:

West Wind make Dwarfs mounted on horses.

Not everyone’s cup of tea I suppose but it might be worth a look:

http://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_4&products_id=813

marine281:

Dwarves don’t need wimpy pikes, lousy wood that snaps, only a good solid hammer or axe. However, Hobbos would adore the idea of hiding behind 12 feet of solid wood (or 4 meters to our world friends).

metro_gnome:

i like the idea of dwarfs with spears…

it would be a perfect marriage for our immortal unit…

the spears could be made of steel…

dedwrekka:

i like the idea of dwarfs with spears...
it would be a perfect marriage for our immortal unit...
the spears could be made of steel...

metro_gnome
I was looking at the older Chaos Warrior sprues and I found the answer. Use the standard from the Chaos Warrior Sprue B as a pike!

AGPO:

I was looking at the older Chaos Warrior sprues and I found the answer. Use the standard from the Chaos Warrior Sprue B as a pike!
Both the hand and standard are too large to use with dwarf models. I'm using DoW in my army, but my concept was slaves of other races. Hobbo pikemen make more sense, especially since the stats for CD warriors are so different to humans. If you don't want different races, use greenskins. Heaqvy cavalry = Ironback boarboyz/wolf kataphracts; Light Cavalry = Norse horsemen with bows and spears (represent allied tribes/Hashut cultists) pikes = hobbos with long spears (use BfSP models with bigger spears)

My generic ideas are human Hahut worshipers, vassal tribes and slaves of races other than greenskins