[Archive] CD Mordheim

jeremyrathbone:

howdy,

I’m new here. I’m currently creating a new warband roster for Chaos dwarves in Mordheim. I’m playing in a regular monthly campaign. I’ve read a lot of CD warbands, and have play tested, and/ or run statistics on them. I found that I wasn’t happy with any of them. Often the concept didn’t work, they were often way too powerful, or some other valid reason.

After I saw the new infernal guard models, I was inspired to make a new warband myself. The idea is the warband are not slavers. It never really felt right to me that Chaos Dwarves would come all the way to Mordheim, just to pick up slaves. And I really like the concept of Deamonsmiths, and Infernal Guard. So, I thought it could be built around the idea of the a Chaos Dwarf engineer coming to Mordheim to experiment with wyrdstone.

I will be trying to update this regularly, and I’d enjoy any feed back.

furrie:

sounds like a great plan.

I think you’ll need to add some experimental weapons and stuff to show the idea in the warband.

jeremyrathbone:

howdy,

I’m new here. I’m currently creating a new warband roster for Chaos dwarves in Mordheim. I’m playing in a regular monthly campaign. I’ve read a lot of CD warbands, and have play tested, and/ or run statistics on them. I found that I wasn’t happy with any of them. Often the concept didn’t work, they were often way too powerful, or some other valid reason.

After I saw the new infernal guard models, I was inspired to make a new warband myself. The idea is the warband are not slavers. It never really felt right to me that Chaos Dwarves would come all the way to Mordheim, just to pick up slaves. And I really like the concept of Deamonsmiths, and Infernal Guard. So, I thought it could be built around the idea of the a Chaos Dwarf engineer coming to Mordheim to experiment with wyrdstone.

I will be trying to update this regularly, and I’d enjoy any feed back.

JonJon:

Great idea for the fluff

tjub:

I like the idea as well and would very much like to see a well balanced warband for CDs. :slight_smile:

Zanko:

I’m very curious to see your efforts and the appropriate painted models!

I created and painted a Mordheim Warband myself but never get the impetus to write special rules for them!

The main reason was that I have no one to play with so it never reached more than the planning stage!

:hashut

nilbog:

Sounds like great background. I’d love to see a CD warband! Keep us updated.

Discoking:

I’d be interested to see your roster (wip or completed) & warband!

I love chaos dwarfs. But they never show the love back.

Deep down I know they love me. They must… They must.

AGPO:

I think your idea works much better than the notion of slavers. It’s a long way to go and a very small scale for such low returns. Wyrdstone on the other hand opens up all sorts of options, especially with the chance to examine the possessed.

MLP:

I was planning on doing this myself so I’m really intrigued as to what you come up with. I’ve wanted a chaos dwarf list for Mordheim but I never liked the feel of the current list.

vulcanologist:

Don’t see too many warbands here. It will be nice to see how you progress with this!

Vogon:

I wrote a CD warband a while ago based on the dwarf list.

I didn’t find it too overpowered but then my regular opponents used shadow warriors, dark elves and carnival of chaos lists.

I’ve still got my list somewhere if you’re interested.

Cheers

Vogon

Zanko:

I wrote a CD warband a while ago based on the dwarf list.

I've still got my list somewhere if you're interested.

Vogon
So don't hesitate - post the list! ;P

:hashut

Vogon:

OK here we go.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

jeremyrathbone:

Wow thanks for all the supportive comments. I’ll start posting some stuff immediately.

jeremyrathbone:

SO, here is the rules. It’s really at alpha stage, so it’s not properly formatted, and there may be be bits of wierdness. And I haven’t done any art for it yet.

The big issue with it is I am having trouble with the “dark engineer” or leader in that I feel like he needs some sort of special rules to represent that being the whole point of them being there, and all.

Feel free to chime in on any of this.

MLP:

I Prefer both these lists to the currently used Mordheim list but I still don’t like the whole feel with them.

I think there needs to be a good reason why Chaos Dwarfs are in Mordheim. The Bull Centaurs are Temple Guards! Why would they be there? I don’t think Infernal Guard should be in there either as that means they’re from the Black Fortress. I’m also not keen on Informers I would rather just use Hobgoblins.

For reasons why they’re there, maybe they are outcast Chaos Dwarfs or they are a Warpstone Procuring team. Maybe the Bull Centaur is there as a guard for the Leader who is a Demonsmith?

jeremyrathbone:

I was thinking about the Hobgoblins. Essentially, I left it as informers to keep it open to what people want to put in there. I actually just use Hobgoblins as my informers. Basically my whole thought process is exactly what you are suggesting about procuring, and possibly experimenting with warpstone.

Bronze Bull:

I’m in a Mordheim campaign right now with my Chaos Dwarfs! Here’s the discussions we generated on Tom’s Boring Mordheim Forum about it. :slight_smile:

http://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t6206-alternate-chaos-dwarf-idea?highlight=chaos

For the record, the list I use is a variant of the Border Town Burning Black Dwarfs except I ditched the Slave Cart, the Informants (extremely broken henchmen btw), and added Hobgoblins to the list. :slight_smile: I’ve won half the battles in our league so far, which isn’t a bad average considering some were due to failed Morale checks!