[Archive] CD Spawn and Familiars?

Grimstonefire:

I’m guessing that if Hashut is highly disappointed with a CD he will turn them into stone?  Or is spawnhood a possibility?

The regular spawn I believe can also come from minds and bodies becoming warped in the service of their god.

Also, anyone here think it’s possible that a CD sorcerer would have a familiar? A familar being a ‘permanent daemonic companion and servant’ for those who don’t know.

I’m writing these bits up for my book and need opinions.

Thommy H:

Chaos Spawn occur when a Chaos Champion’s mutations overwhelm his physical form - it’s not as simple as being a punishment, that’s just how some interpret it. For the Chaos Gods, spawnhood is a much a reward as elevation to Daemon Prince. The power of Chaos is fickle, and it visits transformations upon its followers almost at random.

I don’t think Hashut works that way. There doesn’t seem to be any sort of reward/punishment dynamic - Chaos Dwarf mutations aren’t as random, probably because Dwarfs are generally more resistant to mutation. The petrification thing could be interpreted that way though I suppose.

Daemonic familiars make sense.

Kera foehunter:

I think the Chaos god don’t have time to mess with any ungod like thing Such as cds

The cds are smart to follow the gods around to find what the gods got tyied with .

threw there struggles as trying to be the main Chaos god.

they will find the lost arts and demonic perversions

And of course they would have slave demonic Famillars

Ghrask Dragh:

I like the idea of a hellsmith making a little familiar for himself, building the little blighter and maybe bartering with a sorcerer to ‘animate’ it and bring it to life :slight_smile:

I think the tusks and now horns they all have is a mutation of sorts, a gift from Hashut maybe, how far would that go?

Grimstonefire:

A Horned Tusk Spawn perhaps (with a beard)!  That would be an interesting model actually…

Plus you could kick around the familar if you were in a bad mood. :smiley:

Ghrask Dragh:

:smiley:

Poor familiar

:smiley:

Hashut’s Blessing:

I think the CDs punishment for failure is more within their society than their religion.

As for familiars, I reckon that they’re rampant, but sentiently bound to items (like sceptres, staves, trinkets and so on).