[Archive] CD themed Black Orcs?

Hashut’s Blessing:

(Perturabo, I don’t mind pedanticism, as long as it’s useful. I was just saying, they aren’t animals, but you knew what I meant :D)

I also generally see BLorcs as mercenaries in our armies, but a “paymaster/slaver” could be good. Just a CD to keep an eye on them…

Khaosbeardling:

I consider them total slaves, but special slaves, not so much cannon fodder, that are worth more than that. :slight_smile:

AGPO:

In fact the High Elves have the Cloak of Beards magic item, so I can't see why anyone else wouldn't have had the same idea.
Theres a slight difference between elves and Blorcs in size as well as style, I don't think they'd dress to match... On a more serious note, I just can't see that a blorc would wear a cloak, they're simply not practical and blorcs are nothing if not practical. Still, if you like the idea go ahead

Grimstonefire:

An update with an almost finished test model.

I love the way the armour has come out (based on the 'Eavy Metal Crom’s shield).��I went for silver scale mail in the end, it was gold for ages but looked too rich.

I need to do some work on the weapons and finish the base off.��I’ve got another 4 ready for painting, I’ve got one with a double handed hammer, and another with an ogres sword (double handed).��I also plan to do some small hammers so at least a third have them.��

hal:

That looks really good grim, the armour has a nice rugged look about it. The GS extras really make a lot of difference.

Perturabo:

Very nice. I just got some Blorcs, so expect to see some blatant rip-offs of your work in the near future.:stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve started on the scale armour, and the Standard has a cut down Khorne symbol from the Chaos vehicle sprue to show their allegiance

Nazhur:

I like it a lot. Been myself thinking about Black orcs but so far I have not bought any. Shall wait and see when I under the time get my other units ready.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looking great, Grim! The scalemail has really helped get your image across. I can’t wait to see several of these together! Are you going to have a thrid with shields, a third with additional hand weapons and a third with great weapons then?

Xander:

That guy looks awesome Grim! I can’t wait for more progress on your army!

AGPO:

Awesome conversion, and I like the use of red, it marks them as different without being too obvious. They’ve now got that happy medium between chaos/just plain evil which attracted me to the CDs in the first place. Well done!

hobblin:

Wow thats an awsome paint scem grimstonefire.

Ronshank:

Absolutely love the idea of specially converted forces for the CD. Your paint job is excellent. Love the idea of high lights, i’ve been having trouble trying to come up a colour sceme/look that will keep the whole CD army looking like one force, what with all the races that you can use. Green stuff’s been abit daunting but you’ve inspired me. Makes me want to make a grimgor during sevatude model.

If you can’t tell I love the fluff with the black orcs.

Just to make it hard on myself I chose Chaos Dwarves as soon as I first heard about them, but one of my good mates is an orc and night gob fan so I’ve read heaps of the fluff on black orcs. Which leads me back to the point that Grimgor himself was a slave of the Chaos Dwarves (and doesn’t talk about the time spent with the CD, it having scared him for life and all (could go into more fluff but if you have the storm of chaos book or the orcs and gobbs list, its all in one of them)

Ah yes the point, I think they are definately slaves, meant to be excusive to the CD except that a few got away and started leading their cousins. So it seems fair to me that they have some type of detail/s eluding to their bondage; slave tattoos, chains, rope, shackles of some kind (I tend to favour the round the neck style) something to think about for extra details on any later conversions or conversions for those like me who are still toying with the ideas…

just something to think about…

wallacer:

Those new Black Orcs really are nice figures.

Kera foehunter:

great paint job grims.i like the tusks and the dwarfs shields

Bill-117:

Not to wet on the happy parade, but didn’t CD’s almost get wiped out by BLorcs?

I mean, you’d think they’d hold so much the grudge as to kill any BLorc on sight.

Grimstonefire:

That was something I always found odd as well.

The argument goes ‘The Chaos Dwarfs destroyed many Black Orcs, but left many small tribes free to roam the mountains so that they could recruit them later as troops in their armies’.��

Is there much of a difference between slave Black Orcs those supposedly on the payroll?��Are they not still unreliable and likely to rebel?

From their point of view they might get paid and some armour upgrades, but then again they might have raided CD outposts the month before.��So to me it never sat too well including them.

However, I would put money on the fact that they will not be in a new book.

Hammerhand:

I would put money on the fact that they will not be in a new book.

Grimstonefire
But they're cool!

Being Orcs, they probably only get rowdy enough to cause bother when there's loads of them, so just keeping their numbers in check (as a game keeper does the lions in kenya) means they'll probably jump at the chance of joining in a real good scrap.

Xander:

Grim, what kind of camera do you have, and when are you getting a new one?

Christmas is around the corner, you know… :stuck_out_tongue:

Grimstonefire:

Grim, what kind of camera do you have, and when are you getting a new one?

Christmas is around the corner, you know... :P

Xander
Thanks Xander, I never knew you cared so much!!! I will send you the info on the one I want and where you can send it :cheers

Camera is not great, but its mainly lighting thats the problem.

Still, I think you get a good impression.

Kera foehunter:

So is this the first of the 20? and are the rest going to be the same.