[Archive] CD Wiki Tactics Thread

Ancient History:

I took a first pass at the Chaos Dwarf Tactics entry on the CD Wiki. I reckon people can make their own additions and corrections as they see fit now that there’s something there. :hat

cornixt:

Very good. Should lose the selection tables, since they are rules and I don’t think they are really necessary for the article anyway. Have a completely new page for CDs vs each other army, otherwise this single page will be far too long.

Ancient History:

Good call. Done.

torn:

looking good so far!

Ancient History:

D’you think it worth mentioning the errata regarding Chaos Dwarf blunderbusses in buildings on the page?[/align]

Ancient History:

Added it anyway.

Ancient History:

Reckon there should be separate pages for Chaos Dwarfs vs Beasts of Chaos and Hordes of Chaos armies?

cornixt:

Given the imminent split, there should be separate pages for each of the three Chaos armies.

Great work so far AH!

Ancient History:

Great work so far AH!

cornixt
Thankee.

Ancient History:

Is it worth discussing the material in the General’s Compendium that applies to Chaos Dwarfs?

Willmark:

Absolutely! Great idea Ancient.

Ancient History:

D’you reckon that would be a new page? Tactics is already a mite long.

Ancient History:

[[The General’s Compendium]] is up. The Dawi’zharr didn’t get a lot of love, but they got a little.

Ubertechie:

Hi

I have taken the liberty of adding to the Ogre Kingdom section

Thanks

Ancient History:

Some good points there…although I wish you’d formatted it a touch. Do you think it is really necessary to label the Tyrant as a target?

Ubertechie:

Hi there,

The formatting looks fine in safari on a macbook - haven’t looked at it on a PC, so apologies if it looks squiffy.

As for the tyrant - in a competitive ogre kingdoms army he is incredibly important as he is often the only combat character and will often do as many wounds on the charge as a unit of iron guts - I don’t know what the Ogre army build are like in your area but the points I made are all relevant for all the ogre armies i have seen over the past few years

Ancient History:

Just little things like capitalized words, common abbreviations, etc. Makes the text more uniform. 's no biggy.

Not arguing that the Tyrant isn’t important, but I’m not sure they stand out as terribly different from targeting the enemy general or a Shaggoth as far as Chaos Dwarfs go - there’s not any particular unusual advantage it has (flying, reproducing in water tiles, etc.) beyond being a big, nasty character, and no particularly good way to deal with it beyond the usual ones for handling big, nasty characters.

Ubertechie:

Will amend my text accordingly …

RE: the Tyrant, that is all true but unlike most armies where they can field a big monster - practically every Ogre army will take a Tyrant and they will be the ones dishing damage. being a long time ogre player whenever i play againt them he is high on my target list.