[Archive] CDO range of hobgoblin sculpts

Doombeard:

so theres a niche in the market for a good range of hobbos. i say we find a damn fine sculptor and commission him to make a range of hobbos for us , and we sell them here on the site. what do you think?

zobo1942:

I think that CDO has a policy of being non-commercial, although I`m not completely sure about that.

However, there is nothing stopping you from doing everything you’ve described privately!

G.2:

...there is nothing stopping you from doing everything you've described privately!

zobo1942
I thought exactly the same thing. Except maybe finances!

Baggronor:

Can’t sell 'em off CDO.

I’ll be making some goblins with daggers soon though, for sale off my site. They may or may not be usable as Hobgoblins depending on your tastes.

You don’t even have to commission me :slight_smile:

Willmark:

As a site noted we don’t endorse any particular sculptor and we do not recomend either. This is not because we don’t want people producing what they wish but more to the point of we need to remain neutral in suc matters.

thrawn:

i’m totally on board for that!

however, i’m not so much interested in hobgoblins as i am khans/hobgoblins riding wolves.

also, i’m a bit of a perfectionist, so if the models don’t look good i’ll pass. part of the reason why i’m collecting chaos dwarfs is becuase i think forgeworld did an incredible job. the detail is out of this world, and the overlook/feel of the army is simply amazing. if the models look cheesy, i’ll just convert my own and save money.

Lava Lord:

Could someone kindly tell the differences between the khan hobgoblins and just hobgoblins? I’m aware of the Dogs of War khan wolf riders. There seems to be a preferences for the khan’s…

khedyarl:

Khan goblins are more Mongolian inspired, whereas “just hobgoblins” are the more generic robed ones intended for the old Chaos Dwarf GW line.

EDIT: Unless, of course, they are using the word Khan for Hobgoblin hero option - in which case, it would just be a character hobgoblin.

Lava Lord:

So other than being Mongolian, there is no differences on the stat line? thanx for the clarification. I have also used gnoblars as goblins and hobgoblins…:hat off

Far2Casual:

Has anyone considered Goblins from the Moria (Lords of the Rings / Games Workshop) as Hobgoblins ? The size/bulk looks about right, and you have a plastic kit with 16 warriors (4 HW/shields, 4 lances, 4 Bows) for ~17�,�.

nilbog:

Moria goblins are too small. The lotr figures are smaller in scale than fantasy ones, so the moria goblins are smaller than fantasy goblins; also hobgoblins are biger than goblins anyway.

Lord Aldades:

I would like to pitch in a few cents here

Since I myself suck at sculpting (he, though my first attempt ever is being cast to a 1002 copies atm woot woot), Im willing to pitch in a part if a sculptor / small company is going for a set of the typical` hunchback hobbos like the classic CD style.

Far2Casual:

Moria goblins are too small. The lotr figures are smaller in scale than fantasy ones, so the moria goblins are smaller than fantasy goblins; also hobgoblins are biger than goblins anyway.

nilbog
Ok, I didn't know that.

Wouldn't Mordor Orcs be good then ? We could even use Warg Riders as Wolf Riders ?

thrawn:

here’s another option. contact a current knock off brand (i’m a personal and big fan of gamezone miniatures) and garuntee him 100 orders (let’s just say all the regulars on CDO) and see if he’ll do it?

i can promise to order at least 2 khans on wolves and probably 5 hobgoblins on wolves with full command.

i also prefer gamezone, his work is brilliant

cornixt:

The Skaven conversions look pretty good, you’d just need to sculpt compatible heads and arms.

JonJon:

Thrawn I agree completely

Thommy H:

Is there a lack of viable “Hobgoblin” sculpts out there? GW Goblins aside, any and all of which are perfectly fine to represent Hobgoblins, we have relatively simple conversions with various Skaven models, and Gobbos from Mantic, Hasslefree and Heresy which are exactly right for Hobgoblins.

Loads of people make Goblins. Some are a bit taller and more militaristic than the usual types but most kinds work fine anyway.

zobo1942:

Good point. And those Heresy goblins look amazing!

JonJon:

I like the heresy mini as well there hard to get in the USA,hasslefree is almost impossible and they don’t return email,really bad customer service

Jon

KingFisher:

Who was sculpting the alternate heads?

I know he had a website with some greens and cool terrain?

Does anyone have that link?