[Archive] CDO-RTT or CDO Con

Swissdictator:

Perhaps one for each greater region (one for North America, one for Europe, one for Oceania). I hope I covered the geography we’re spread out on.

Kinda like my earlier idea of having us all meet at a tournament… but, what if we held out own tournament, con, or games day? I like the idea of a games day or con more as we could put on other games as well to add variety.

This would for allow for some meet and greet, and gaming. Just think of the stories: playing a SW space game leading the rebels against Willmark’s Imperials (and being soundly crushed by the good noble Imperials)… facing down Tjubs Soviets in a FoW game… or leading a group of City class Ironclads as they overtake Rebel river forts.

What do people think of this?

Kera foehunter:

that is a great idea swiss

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Travel is a problem, but you can all come to my store! :smiley:

I’d be up for a few games seeing as I am building all these guys.

Ghrask Dragh:

I missed out on Games Day last year, I was gutted, would definetly be up for a meet up later on this year at GD09!

Don’t think I’ve a got a holiday coming up this year but I’ve never been to america, if there was a chance alot of us could meet up there and the price is right maybe one of the overseas GD. More likely I’ll have to wait till GD2010 for that meet up though :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

Mr t wow that is nice of you to offer

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I've never been to america, if there was a chance alot of us could meet up there

Um...America is a big place. Which part do you want to visit?

Kera...it would be Kool if I owned a hotel. At least eveyone would have accomodations and we'd have a place to play. However, I just have the small hobby shop and I might be able to get 4 tables in here.

We're in Canada...Alberta...specifically High River. (Unfortunatly)

Swissdictator:

I’m thinking Midwest as the nice central location. To be fair I’m also in Wisconsin, but it’d be a nice middle ground for people living in the west and east. Plus it wouldn’t be as much of a trip for some of our Canadian friends in Ontario. I know it doesn’t help you as much Blackhand, but it’d still be a lot closer then the East Coast.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Ahh…most of Canada and Us is only 2-4 hours away by plane anyway.

I just need to get a passport…which I don’t like the hassle.

cornixt:

Isn’t there some sort of online Warhammer system. Could we use that?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

You mean to play Warhammer online?

Not the same. There’s no free chips and pop.

Swissdictator:

There is, and it seems a bit… odd for me. It works, and isn’t a bad system.

Still, it’s the same as facing off against someone in person. Plus no cool fancy paint jobs to see either.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yeah…and we can’t joke with Kera “in Person”. Online is one thing…but…Hubba Hubba! :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

lol im to much woman for you guys!! And i can probably kick you ass!! and in warhammer too

Swissdictator:

lol im to much woman for you guys!! And i can probably kick you ass!! and in warhammer too

Kera foehunter
Until I bribe your crew to turn against you. They are pirates afterall.

So are people actually interested in this then?

GRNDL:

@kera, too much woman

Well, that better be along the lines of the ancient proverb “small ones are more juicy” or something, because all the photographic evidence seems to point out that you’re kinda short. :slight_smile: Like dwarf short. :stuck_out_tongue:

Kera foehunter:

swiss my crew is scared of me !! That why they do what i say … There is no amount of money that can replace life!!

Xander:

Games Day meet-ups seem to be the least creepy for online encounters as they are ina large public space. Heh.

CDO is not responsible for crazy online folk! :stuck_out_tongue: You never know what kind of lurkers could be reading the forum!

I still have pending plans to attend the Toronto Games Day this year. :slight_smile:

two_heads_talking:

I missed out on Games Day last year, I was gutted, would definetly be up for a meet up later on this year at GD09!

Don't think I've a got a holiday coming up this year but I've never been to america, if there was a chance alot of us could meet up there and the price is right maybe one of the overseas GD. More likely I'll have to wait till GD2010 for that meet up though :D

Ghrask Dragh
I think the Baltimore GD might be the most local.. I think even most of our Canadian friends are near the eastern coasts..

I might be wrong though.. Perhaps Chicago would be more central?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yeah, with me stuck off in Hellberta.

I think it would be great if we could meet up though.

Oh, and Kera…you know I like the rough stuff! LOL!

two_heads_talking:

@kera, too much woman

Well, that better be along the lines of the ancient proverb "small ones are more juicy" or something, because all the photographic evidence seems to point out that you're kinda short. :)  Like dwarf short. :P

GRNDL
I dunno all the 'kinda short' women I know have some serious attitude (spunk) and will kick your tall backside around the pitch until you beg for parlay..