[Archive] CDO Shirt **This message was automatically appended because it was too short.**

Aron:

Hi,

has anyone ever thought of creating a CDO shirt?

I think it would be kinda nice to wear a CDO shirt next time I attend a games day or a gaming convention. What do you guys think?

Aron

Glimpse the Void:

In short of love to have one. If I had the money to spare I’d commit to help financing something like this. If I had the time, I could probably help draw up a simple design (did one for our local gaming clubs shirts). Don’t know that I have enough either resource at the moment, but it would be really cool.

Glimpse the Void:

In short of love to have one. If I had the money to spare I’d commit to help financing something like this. If I had the time, I could probably help draw up a simple design (did one for our local gaming clubs shirts). Don’t know that I have enough either resource at the moment, but it would be really cool.

Aron:

I can help with the funding. I’m just an awful artist.

tjub:

I don’t remember if it was Xander och Willmark, but there has been CDO tshirt before. :slight_smile:

Willmark:

I created one back in the day and there was an extremely small run of them. Then the legal team at GW sent a letter…

Yeah…

Zanko:

I can also help with the funding! :cheers

:hashut

Bloodbeard:

I think funding a tshirt, to be made and then distributed might be a lot of work. Shipping cost, stocking different sizes etc.

Aren’t there a spreadshirt site, that works in the lines of “when 10 shirts are ordered, we will print and send them”.

Perhaps a cool graphic could be made and hosted here on the site. You can buy paper, that irons onto tshirt, printed on a normal printer. I’ve done that a lot, and that’s cheap.

Aron:

You mean something similar to this?

https://teespring.com/fires-of-battle2

Helblindi:

I could draw something. But is everyone just ignoring Willmark’s mention of GW lawyers? How do we plan to bypass that issue?

Malorndk:

Willmark drops the knowledge, but everyone just continue discussing the issue like nothing happened xD

KramDratta:

Shouldn’t avoiding the trademark terms like ‘Chaos Dwarf’ be enough? And post End Times is this still an issue?

T-shirt image can be generic enough involving evil dwarfs, fire, etc…

Bloodbeard:

Willmark drops the knowledge, but everyone just continue discussing the issue like nothing happened xD

Malorndk
Not really. CDO can not officially be making, distributing tshirts.

Hence my suggestion. We can make a cool logo here on the page. People can print and make whatever they like.

Nothing stopping me from printing your high resolution banners and nailing them to a shirt.

Plus... I don't think GW are evil anymore. It's not like they are renaming generic fantasy races in order to protect intellectual property.

Oh... wait.

Willmark:

There is nothing to prevent you from making your own t-shirt. The problem is that CDO was making them (at cost no less!), that’s what they objected to.

Now, they really can’t trademark chaos dwarfs or the words online. They can threaten a cease and desist (which they did). I could have fought it, choose not to. Looking back on it I didn’t want to deal with the headache. It soured me to GW for quite a bit and I already had a low opinion of them.

I think taking the high road and continuing to ignore them as they have been ignoring me as a customer is the proper course of action.

Aron:

Copyright laws are different depending on the country.

But regardless, I remember there was a shirt as part of a kickstarter a while ago. It was just a face. I believe the shirt was maroon. Anyone knows what I am talking about? I can’t find the picture anywhere. :frowning:

Willmark:

Copyright laws are different depending on the country.
But regardless, I remember there was a shirt as part of a kickstarter a while ago. It was just a face. I believe the shirt was maroon. Anyone knows what I am talking about? I can't find the picture anywhere. :-(

Aron
Well aware of that. Trust me on this

Server is in the USA.
I'm in the US.
Site owner is in Canada.
GW is based in UK,

Good luck figuring that out GW.

Aron:

Well aware of that. Trust me on this
Server is in the USA.
I'm in the US.
Site owner is in Canada.
GW is based in UK,

Good luck figuring that out GW.

Willmark
...shirts can be made in the Philippines or China :P

Aron:

But regardless, no need to push it. We can just make a nice graphic for the front, some text for the back and the URL of the forum on one of the arms. Check the link I posted above. If something like that is possible, then there should be no problem for us.

Grimstonefire:

Imo just take the site url off and it’s good to go.

Have some dramatic attention grabbing slogan on there relevant to CD.

Aron:

Sure, no problem.

I have just found this. I think the graphics are borring but if this works for them?

http://www.comixininos.com/miniaturas-por-fabricante/kaos-dwarf-deluxe-t-shirt-by-chaos-factory-size-xxl.html