[Archive] CDO Webhosting Problems?

LimeyDragon:

Ok, i’m so glad for this thread. i thought i was going insane… Because it’s been happening to me also…

Loki:

Like wise for me i was not able to get on till this afternoon, good idea backing up the site willmark last thing we wont to do is lose this amazing site which we have here

Nicodemus:

Following up with the webhost.

Willmark
Thanks for the heads-up Willmark. Fingers crossed this is something that can be remedied... as opposed to some vague problem with cphosting that they can't nail down and we therefore just have to go along with it (which is not uncommon with some web hosting services).

~N

Willmark:

I’m looking to move Dogs of War Online to a new web host in January. I’ve some of thecsame problems there as they are both hosted on CP. :S

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, I can say that I’ve had these problems during the week as well, but it’s being worked on as best it can. The problems arose before and Mr. Xander pestered the host until it was sorted out and I’m sure we’ll get throught o the problem again.

Kera foehunter:

i haven’t had any problem this week !!

snowblizz:

i haven't had any problem this week !!

Kera foehunter
Show off.

Maybe it's Kera and her 7000+ posts that is breaking the site. Yeah that's it! Bad Kera! Bad Kera!

clam:

Had 404s all morning (CET time 07.00 a.m til like 01.30 p.m.) - and did email Willmark - and he seems to have fixed the problem by know.

No chance, that the cause to this problem could be solved/fixed - instead of doing all these emails?

If not, maybe I/we could have a more GMT friendly contact person - seems a bit much asking for Willmark to check his email twice a night :smiley:

Willmark:

Grim would be our person for that.

Web Host has been less then helpful. Usually I check before going to bed each night around 12am -5 GMT.

slev:

I’ve had this first thing when accessing from work, but I thought it was part of the internet connectivity problem we’ve had here, so I kept my big mouth shut.

Willmark:

What i want everyone to do from here on out is start logging times when you tried to get on but could not so can bring this up to our webhost.

Gar Shadowfame:

i had 404 25 min ago, and couple more times this week, it happens most often when i use serch option.

Pyro Stick:

Ive been trying to get on all day but i have had the 404 error until just about 30 min ago.

Warhammerman:

Ive been trying to get on all day but i have had the 404 error until just about 30 min ago.

Pyro Stick
Me too. I was going crazy.

Kera foehunter:

Still having them !! it sucks !!!

Gar Shadowfame:

i guess its GW trying to bring us down with their secret hacker corps

Kera foehunter:

yea there the same guys that re did the gw site !!

Gar Shadowfame:

no no, if these were same guy that made the site, they wouldnt do anything dangerous, i mean the secret hacker corps

snowblizz:

At 14:45 (gmt+2)

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/4.4.9 Server at www.chaos-dwarfs.com Port 80
Its now about an hour later and obviously works. But I haven’t tried to get on until just now.

Kera foehunter:

yea it went down for a couple of hours for me !!

Eveytime it goes down i think a couple years ago when the site went down for a few months