[Archive] CDO Webzine Project

furrie:

shouldn’t the artwork in the cover be in color ? I think that would look the best.

Abyss:

depends on the quality of the colour art versus the black and white i guess.

erm i’ve been saying i would do a guide on how to do hats and faces for a while now, i’ll see if i can get that done and sent in to ya, im also working on a CD bloodbowl team so i’ll see if i can do anything on that

Willmark:

shouldn't the artwork in the cover be in color ? I think that would look the best.

furrie
Color art is going to on the cover. In fact it is mostly going to be color throughout...
erm i've been saying i would do a guide on how to do hats and faces for a while now, i'll see if i can get that done and sent in to ya, im also working on a CD bloodbowl team so i'll see if i can do anything on that

Abyss
Great get it done and sent in. I will be posting deadlines for subsmmissions for all issues this year shortly.

Lord Archaon:

How much articles did You already get, Willmark?

Willmark:

I’ve got quite a few coming in and some more to come still. As I’m mentioning to everyone. Not everything is going to make it into the 1st issue… Never fret, there will be many issues after this. It looks like the first will be 16 pages… a lot more then I initially anticipated.

Of course I could always add more if need be, but this is going to be a work in progress. I haven’t done anything on this scale in seven years in terms of graphic design so to say I’m rusty would be an understatement. The goal is to get the first out then improve it each time.

xbullzx:

One question you klnow this magazine will you have to download it of this website or something? also here is my art work (i dont know how to put it into my text :h:h:h or pm it to people :h)

i hope you like it. :hat off

[attachment=437]

and there it is tell we on what you think. :hat off

xbullzx:

ooo sorry if the picture quality isn’t that good

Willmark:

Here is the schedule for submissions and publish dates for the webzine for 2008 & will be strictly adhered to.

Issue #1

Period: Summer 2008 / Deadline for submissions: Saturday, May 31st 2008/ Publish Date: Saturday, June 28th 2008

Issue #2

Period: Fall 2008 / Deadline for submissions: Saturday, August 30th 2008/ Publish Date: Saturday, September 27th 2008

Issue #3

Period: Winter 2009 / Deadline for submissions: Saturday, November 29th/ Publish Date: Saturday, December 27th 2008

Theory_Man:

Will the CDO Webzine be related to or in conjunction with the material on the Pod cast? And will the podcast be on the same schedule as the CDO Webzine?

Sojourn:

xbullzx makes a good point… will this be auto e-mailed to all members? or will it be posted online for download… or are these details that haven’t been decided yet??? :wink:

inquiring minds want to know! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I’d say putting a download link onto the site is a lot more economical. 16+ pages can become a big file depending on amount of graphics - sending that to 700+ members may just be too much. :wink:

Abyss:

yer i agree with ishkur, also thats the format for the podcasts and everyone seems ok with them, maybe an email to let people know that the issue is out or something like that.

Willmark:

Perhaps an email to let people know its ready site wide by the admins… however, it will not be emailed. Hosted in a section that people can download will be the way to go…

Willmark:

Will the CDO Webzine be related to or in conjunction with the material on the Pod cast? And will the podcast be on the same schedule as the CDO Webzine?

Theory_Man
Good question, but YTBD. I think they will be published more or less independently, there might be some cross over but I don't anticipate that being often.

AGPO:

Perhaps an email to let people know its ready site wide by the admins... however, it will not be emailed. Hosted in a section that people can download will be the way to go...

Willmark
Why not a PM or an anouncement on the site, most people check back regularly anyway. I can't imagine anyone missing it.

I'd be happy to contribute some articles. I think its important the content reflects CD as a community - for example the conversions should include a blend of the simple yet effective like "Xander school" warriors and the purely inspiring like Ishkur's work. Thats what I love about this site, people at all levels exploring their hobby and discovering new avenues

wallacer:

I’m playing a 6,000 point legendary battles game this Sunday recreating the Black Orc uprising.  I can do a battle report for that if you like.

Willmark:

I'm playing a 6,000 point legendary battles game this Sunday recreating the Black Orc uprising.  I can do a battle report for that is you like.

wallacer
Sure send it in. For battle reports its a good idea to provide rough sketches of the round by round action. It helps to visualize the game for those how were not there to witness the game.

AGPO:

Don’t forget pictures Wallacer!

Obsidian:

I’ll see if I can come up with something for later in the year. Maybe some basing tutorials or something alike…

Willmark:

Sounds great. This project will always be in need of quality material. It would be nice to be able to start stock piling material for issues #2 and #3 and beyond.