[Archive] Chained female elf slaves!

MadHatter:

I just bought these gals on the slavemarket err… I mean the GW webstore exclusive and wanted to give a heads up on 'em http://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Dark-Eldar-Prisoners

Seems to be no real 40k-ish modelling on them and with just a little work they can be highelf, woodelf or darkelf slaves for the amusement of the greenskins or wherever one needs to underline that slaver feel (I’m not the misogynist, GW started it!!) :hat off

Bloodbeard:

I have was gifted these too models. And I can’t figure out what to use them for.

First up:

The are obviously modelled to be sexy and hot. And kept like your typical Leia. But this beauty holds no value at all for the Dawi Zharr.

They could be elven warriors, but they models don’t show ‘captured soldier’. Neither proud nor broken.

Two:

They are not strong. Can’t be used for labour.

Three:

If a Dawi Zharr would hold trophies wouldn’t it be the strongest enwmy captains? And only for a short time, bwfore going on the Hashut BBQ.

Four:

They seen too weak to please Hashut. Like they skinny sickly sheep. Unless they’re part of a group of hundress. Going at the same time.

Conclusion:

Had those miniatures for a long time. Can’t find use of them.

Question:

How’ll they go in your army? What’s the story their. All details and miniatures have a story.

Admiral:

It’s easy. Tamurkhan, in usual quality spirits, mentions Chaos Dwarfs using different races like different tools for particular purposes. Elves are even said to be often mutilated slaves used for magical and Daemonic summoning rites, since Elves have a certain connection with magic. These females would simply be captured ladies, probably Dark Elves who had that little clothing on from the start, being towed back to Zharr-Naggrund or some fortress to undergo a heinous ritual of maiming and probably sorcerous branding and other stuff.

They could also be a slightly valued trophy, if they were the concubines, lovers or sisters of a defeated Dark Elf general. It’s like showcasing his flayed face and captured armour.

They might try to look alluring, because that’s the only card they have to play (or because they’re desperate and there’s some male Elf slaves in the cages as well), yet that’s all in vain, for what should the Blacksmiths of Chaos care about the fickle mating rituals of weak Elves?

Also note how at least one of these ladies look starved, even for an Elf. That’s fitting, too.

Thommy H:

They’re not Elves (or even Eldar) - they’re humans (one is supposed to be a Sister of Battle, in fact) that were prisoners on Asdrubael Vect’s modified Raider dais thing.

They’ve also been used for Chaos Dwarfs before - Skink’s winning entry for Golden Hat 14.

snowblizz:

They're not Elves (or even Eldar) - they're humans (one is supposed to be a Sister of Battle, in fact) that were prisoners on Asdrubael Vect's modified Raider dais thing.

Thommy H
Indeed.

There's also a limited edition naked version of these. Just for that extra "hurr-hurr" factor.

The one with the dark hair in the official pics (the SoB) holds a broken off Dark Eldar sctyhe-blade in her hand, just waiting for a chance...

Admiral:

Human or Elves, the girls were probably caught in those clothes to begin with, because what should Chaos Dwarfs do with ugly Manling and pointy-eared maidens? They don’t even have tusks, damnit! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So they’d likely be trophies from some warlord’s harem, flaunted like his other valued possessions. Or Slaanesh worshippers from the north.

If anyone is looking for similar models there are some from Hasslefree, although some of their everyday villagers would make better slaves. The naked women would fit better in with rags sculpted on them, some obligatory lash wounds and carrying burdens or tools.

There is also Dark Fable Egyptians, although only the serving girls do some sort of work, and it’s not hard labour. Nehekarans also went undead long ago in the fluff, though they could represent something else instead.

Eureka Miniatures have some slaves which would work for unlucky people captured in the Southlands. Their purpose isn’t to be sexy, but to show humiliated and shackled slaves. It’s harsh and would work well as objective markers or rank fillers in any Chaos Dwarf army.

North Star Models also hade some shackled European slaves, but they’ve been pulled from the webstore it seems.

Wargames Foundry Egyptians seems to be the best alternative if you’re looking for burdened slaves. They also have ex-Citadel pack animals.

It’s actually hard to find good slave miniatures even for humans, on the face of it. If you want digging slaves you pretty much have to do it yourself.

There’s also a limited edition naked version of these. Just for that extra “hurr-hurr” factor.

snowblizz
I thought those were topless, not naked.

snowblizz:

If anyone is looking for similar models there are some from Hasslefree,

Admiral
The 25mm scale of those models make them a bit too small to easily fit into War... I mean I have no idea how large those are at all.:o

Also not exactly slave material*, harem yes, slaves not so much.

*in the working in the saltmines sense I mean
There's also a limited edition naked version of these. Just for that extra "hurr-hurr" factor.

snowblizz
I thought those were topless, not naked.

Admiral
Topless, naked, same diff. Just ask the people making fuss about the nude calender one of the metalwork/building supply company gave to customers who asked for it.:P
But technically you are right.

Admiral:

The 25mm scale of those models make them a bit too small to easily fit into War... I mean I have no idea how large those are at all.:o[/QUOTE]

Aren't they 28mm? A bit smaller than beefy Warhammer models, but size variation exist between individuals in real life, too.

snowblizz
That's the problem. It's hard to find good slave miniatures.

Thommy H:

Hasslefree are true-28s. Noticeably smaller than GW figures, but not distractingly so. I use one of their figures as a musician in my Bretonnian army and it looks fine.

However, the idea of having naked women as slaves for Chaos Dwarfs is pretty gross so maybe don’t do it anyway?

Admiral:

However, the idea of having naked women as slaves for Chaos Dwarfs is pretty gross so maybe don't do it anyway?

Thommy H
My thoughts on this, too. It would work for Slaaneshi Marauders, however.

North Star Models had some good models for captive slaves marching along if I remember correctly, but they'd need cloth sculpted on them. In fact, a lot of cloth. If nothing else, what's the point in running around naked? You could freeze to death that way, and it seems more in character for Chaos Dwarfs to not strip slaves of their clothes as punishment, but rather go for brutality and knives straight away. Don't do it by halves.

Still, some of Wargames Foundry's civilians (male and female) could work as slaves since they do carry burdens. Some of the women could do with some more clothes, however.

snowblizz:

Hasslefree are true-28s. Noticeably smaller than GW figures, but not distractingly so. I use one of their figures as a musician in my Bretonnian army and it looks fine.

Thommy H
I always figured them for 25s because they are so massively smaller than GW's scale, but they do kinda fit next to 28mm Warlord ECW  plastics.
My thoughts on this, too. It would work for Slaaneshi Marauders, however.

Admiral
*Phew* Talk about dodging a bullet there. So I'm fine then. ;)

MadHatter:

However, the idea of having naked women as slaves for Chaos Dwarfs is pretty gross so maybe don't do it anyway?

Thommy H
I actually liked these ones from GW because they where clothed and decent, I wouldn't use naked or topless ones (or even any non-GW ones). I might use these amongst the greenskins as unitfillers centered around a hobgoblin with whip (Hashut knows the hobgoblin units will need fillers...) or in a unit of wretched slaves. It will have to make some sense though, like Admiral says, they don't even have tusks and look at their wee bellies :cheers

Grimstonefire:

I think any length of time spent down in the mines wearing the same rags would eventually wear them down to very little.

But in the wargaming world, and considering the different races, I would agree that female human slaves outside of a mining context are just inappropriate.

chained female chaos dwarf slaves however… :wink:

Thommy H:

Yeah, I’m not sure it’s the interspecies aspect that makes it creepy…

torn:

I can’t really see any issues with the interspecies thing. Of course they won’t be breeding, but its more of a status symbol thing. Let’s take this to a galaxy far away a long time ago. A certain slave owner called jabba the hurt took a certain princess called Leia as his slave. He dressed her and other female slaves in sexy chainmail bikinis and made them dance to jizz music. Now its obvious he can’t possibly breed with these females BUT he can show off the fact he has the best females of many species and can flaunt them about as his will.

As far as elves are concerned I can imagine they would rather die than be taken as a slave. I can’t see how under even the most extreme circumstances a high elf would take commands from any dwarf.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Magic, drugs, threats against his loved ones, torture…the usual stuff should work.

ThorAxe:

Not entirely sure the sister of battle slave would work as a broken slave. Not when she is concealing a knife in her hands looking like she’s waiting for the opportunity to use it…

Grimstonefire:

@Torn

Considering elves live probably 4 times as long as any CD, I think they would take the long term approach and focusing on surviving until they can escape, even if it took two hundred years! However, in Elfslayer when the main elf character gets taken captive by the Dark Elves his spirit is broken very quickly when he thinks there is no hope whatsoever of escape.

Aromat:

Shop

I just received this miniature ( there is also the naked version :p) and it fits perfect with the fw range. I could put her on top of a standard in the hand of an ogre slave as unit filler for hobgoblins

Admiral:

http://www.brother-vinni.com/shop.htm#!/~/product/category=5965007&id=36745029

I just received this miniature ( there is also the naked version :p) and it fits perfect with the fw range. I could put her on top of a standard in the hand of an ogre slave as unit filler for hobgoblins

Aromat
Ah, it was Brother Vinni who produced those models. I couldn't find it and only got some clue it might be North Star Miniatures.

That wheel and victim looks like they were made for Chaos. It could do with more metal for Chaos Dwarfs, though. One thing one could do with that would be to mount two such wheels on an actual vehicles of some sort, as a brutal way of torture and killing.

But it would be odd to have two human women on such a war machine, so one could be exchanged for an Orc or man. So long as it's a creature tall enough to hit its head and hands into the ground as the wheel rolls.