[Archive] chainswords?

Swissdictator:

We could make it easy and just get someone full of hot air too. looks around at a few people :stuck_out_tongue:

Kera foehunter:

your talking about guys right * Kera has a smirk on her face*

Swissdictator:

Kera: I’m not sexist, I include women on this one too! :stuck_out_tongue:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Glad someone is! LOL!

GRNDL:

@Tarrack

Nah, some skaven engineer/warlocks have weird chimney/machines on their backs…

Hobgoblyn:

You could even give this weird Chainsword the “Get Hot!” rule from 40K!

If you roll a 1 to hit, you resolve the hit against the CD.

Kera foehunter:

swiss your a nice guy !! thanks

snowblizz:

Furnace on the back? Isn't that for the game Warmachine? LOL!

Tarrakk Blackhand
Sounds suspiciously Skaven to me...

Hmm... a slave with "chainswords" powered by a generator on the back instead of hands rushing frenzied into the enemy. Yeah it is a total 40k/Goblin Fanatic rip off but darn it would be cool.
EDIT: oh there was a page 2 already... GRNDL mentioned what I was thinking

Tarrakk Blackhand:

What about a BIG one on wheels powered by a belt leading to a big wheel with some slaves running in a tread mill?

jolpis:

how about a gobling carrying some sort of power generator (has to be big and the slave has to be having a rough time =) ) with lots of tubes leading to a CD holding a medium sized chainsaw/axe?

Ubbo Sathla:

how about a gobling carrying some sort of power generator (has to be big and the slave has to be having a rough time =)  ) with lots of tubes leading to a CD holding a medium sized chainsaw/axe?

jolpis
It would be rather inconvenient, no?

I think a simple gas-tank of cylindric furnace on the back wouldn't be particularly Skaven-ish, it would just be steampunk, and of course Warlock Engineers are steampunk, but why shouldn't CD be steampunk too, in their own, different way?

That's how I imagine a CD chainsaw-axe: Large, two-handed, steam-powered/deamon-powered with gears, pipes and pistons, and a blade shaped like the usual CD axes' blades.

Swissdictator:

Sweet it even could be argued it has a blunderbuss at the end! GW/Blunderbuss combo… mmmm

Nice fund Ubbo, very cool.

Ubbo Sathla:

I also have thought about it, but it wouldn’t be realistic with such a small cannon, I have to make concepts of this kinda combo stuff… New CD weapons: what an inspiring theme!

Nevertheless, even if a blunderbuss combo would be fun, wouldn’t it be over-sized in terms of gameplay?