[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Armylist version 2

Grimstonefire:

Yay! Finally got round to assembling it all in a pdf. 10.4mb

This version is quite different to the one stickied above. All the changes are listed here:

http://www.freewebs.com/chaosdwarfsourcebook/version2new.htm

Fluff is here too

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/9853

Please leave feedback here rather than in the guestbook on that site.

Ignore the page numbers in the list section, they relate to the bigger version.

I would have loaded it up here, but I keep getting ‘invalid forum’ :mad This is the smallest version at 41 pages! The actual one with all the backgrounds and fluff is about 66 pages. I plan to load that one as soon as I find a decent way to compress it (its 50mb).

EDIT:

I think I forgot to add in that fleeing Chaingang units do not cause panic in Chaos Dwarf Units.

Grimstonefire:

Some people on warseer and hammer & anvil have noticed a few things that require changing:

Chaingang

I meant to add to the Slavers rule that fleeing Chaingang units and Slaves do not cause panic tests in Chaos Dwarf units.

Earthshaker:

Some obvious mistakes here. Use as a cannon with the Earth Shake effect and the smoke mortar misfire table until I can re-write the bit about the stone thrower misfire result.

I’ve had a fair few comments about the lore of hashut, seems that is the biggest thing requiring clarifying.  No doubt a few issues have crept in as I kept changing the actual units in the list.  Over the weekend I’ll try and do an updated errata for version 1.1.

Baggronor:

Doesn’t show up for me :mad get a ‘Page not found’.

Zanko:

With this link it should work:

http://www.freewebs.com/chaosdwarfsourcebook/version2new.htm

:cheers

Excellent work, beside the missing Boarcentaurs :hashut

Grimstonefire:

Updated errata based on feedback from several forums:

EQUIPMENT/ UPGRADES:

Increase price of stone armour for lord & hero.  

Drop stacking of magic resistance on palanquin.

UNITS/ CHARACTERS

Change Blunderbuss to Move OR shoot.

Add to the Slavers rule that fleeing Chaingang units and Slaves do not cause panic tests in Chaos Dwarf units.

Change Priests of Hashut names?

Change Blunderbussers so Commander gets BS4 instead of 2A. 5pts/ model

WARMACHINES:

Earthshaker:  Some obvious mistakes here. Use as a cannon with the Earth Shake effect and the smoke mortar misfire table until I can re-write the bit about the stone thrower misfire result.  Change misfire table to include stone thrower bit.

Any Chaos Dwarf Crew should be in the front rank in combat, with Slaves ranked behind.

Change Chaotic Disruption to a 5+ ward save against non-magical attacks (i.e. it cannot be used against spells and magic items): 50pts

MAGIC ITEMS:

Change Infernal Distillery to be immune to your FIRST miscast only: 40 pts

Change Icon of Hashut to only make a unit stubborn (no CR bonus)

Drop doom banner or war banner.

MAGIC:

Add an item that allows Sorcerers to choose spells.

Reduce the casting cost of Ashen Cloud.

Ward of Flames should read ‘in the following close combat phase’.

Does the Whirlwind of Darkness prayer protect a unit or hinder it?  I see that is badly phrased they are -1 to hit FROM shooting and close combat attacks.

Grimstonefire:

If anyone is interested I am going to be making my final edits to this in the coming month before printing out and posting to GW.  So if anyone has any feedback etc please do it now.

It won’t have all the art I planned, but I doubt GW would be that interested anyway ;)  Better just to send it now than wait ages for me to do all the art I need.

I’m sufficiently happy with this version that after ammending it will be my last.  Which will be the first time in about 4 years that I haven’t had an armybook in development.

51la5:

You have a banner that duplicates the effect of a war banner. Sorry this is short my battery died mid read ill be back with more latter.

Grimstonefire:

I was planning to drop one of them.

On my forum here I’ve listed all the changes I will be making so far:

http://templeofzharr.ipbfree.com/index.php?showtopic=41