[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Beastmaster?

Obsidian:

Back in the olde days you had this guy:

Although he probably was made at the time to have an extra Beastmaster model to use, I was wondering if Chaos Dwarfs these days would perhaps include Beastmasters in their armies. I think it would fit the theme of Slavemasters pretty well and no doubt there would be enough dangerous animals/monsters roaming the Darklands to hunt and use.

So if Chaos Dwarfs would have Beastmasters in their midst, do you think they would handle packs of smaller animals like Wolves/Chaos Hounds or something similar? Or bigger monsters? For example, a Cockatrice or something along that road. Maybe something not existing in Warhammer yet…

Side note: talking about big monsters! Somehow I could really see a Basilisk as part of the Chaos Dwarf bestiary:

Pyro Stick:

The hobgoblins had a beastmaster as well. They had things called hobhounds.

I personally dont think beastmasters would work well with the current image of chaos dwarfs. Its seems more like an Orcs and Goblins kind of unit so i could see hobgoblins using them at a push but other than that i dont think they have a place in the army. I think the army has enough monsters as it is, if you include the golem and kolossus. Maybe if beastmasters were to be included as part of the hobgoblin part of the list then it might work if the beasts are miniature deamonbound things rather than animals, or maybe animal deamon binding experiments of some kind.

AssurBahniZharr:

I imagine Hellhounds (fire spitting hounds) from D&D. There is any fire-spitting hound nowadays in WHF? or at least a sorcerer-blacksmith leading golems or mechanical hounds

clam:

I like the idea of bring beasts and beast handlers into the core CD army. If I only could find those old (hell) hounds at a decent price :rolleyes:

Zanko:

I agree with you clam! :wink:

Imo these guys would fit brillaint with their hellhounds or other equivalent monsters in a CD army! :cheers

Like Obsidian mentioned Slaves will be guarded and monsters in the wasteland found and slain! :smiley:

PS: I own the Beastmaster and 3 of these nice small hounds . and I love these models!

:hashut

clam:

Don’t recall seeing them in your army. Show me :smiley:

Zanko:

Here they are!

It’s not a brilliant pic but sufficient I presume!

:hashut

Obsidian:

Nice one Zanko! :cheers

The hobgoblins had a beastmaster as well. They had things called hobhounds.

Pyro Stick
I remember those, a re-make of them would be cool too! At one time in the past I started writing an armylist for a stand alone Hobgoblin armylist based on the old fluff. Hobgobla Khan, Mournguls, The Golden Horde etc, etc…I might resurface that project one day for fun and put it one here if people want.
miniature deamonbound things rather than animals, or maybe animal deamon binding experiments of some kind.

Pyro Stick
Now, there you’ve got my imagination sparked!:hat off