[Archive] Chaos Dwarf boardpatrol (500p)

evildwarf:

Hero: Chaos Dwarf sorcerer

lvl:2

lore: Fier

Cost: 100p

Core: 20 Chaos Dwarfs

Hw+Shield + Full Command

Cost:210p

10 chaos Dwarfs

blunderbusses

Cost:120p

20 hobgoblins

hw

Cost:40p

Special: hobgoblin bolt thrower

Cost: 30p

Total: 500p

Hi Im new to the Chaos dwarfs and started to build my army 3 weeks ago. I have a chaos dwarf sorcerer and 10 chaos dwarfs with Hw and shield the other things aint done yet. Whats your thoughts about the army list shoud i change something or is it good enough?.

Loki:

Hi evildwarf , welcome to the site good to have you with us,

the 500pts you have got there sounds good to me, fire i think is the best lore to take for CD in larger games you might want a second sorcerer

with lore of metal if they have some warmachines or units with high armour saves. You cant go wrong with blunderbusses those strength 4 hits in a 500 pts game will make there points back and then some, you have a nice size block unit of CD to brake thing against and i good unit of hobgoblins to act as bait.

The bolt thrower will do some nasty damage as well

jsut a quick question , have you plans to include any death rockets in a larger point army ? if not i think you should give them a go, i am a huge fan of them so i am bias but see what you think :hat off

evildwarf:

Thanks for the comments. I think Im going for a death rocket when i have around 750p or more. I dont have any good ideas of how to make a cool Death rocket…

Loki:

First of all good to hear that you going to have one :slight_smile: the models that i have used are the empire hell storm rockets, i think they are really nice models, for the crew i converted some of the battle of skull pass dwarfs to act as loaders, i have some pics on my army blog

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/9189

(hope the link works if not its under army blogs under Loki’s army (pic heavy))

they are on the second page, also you might want to check out the death rocket gallery for some more ideas

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2456

evildwarf:

I really likte your version of a death rocket very cool. Maybe i shoud aim for somthing like that one…

Willmark:

I assume this is a Border Patrol list? :wink:

evildwarf:

hehe… yepp… Border patrol list … I knew it was something wrong with the spelling… boardpatrol hihi :shy: .

Loki:

Thanks evildwarf,

mine is just one example of a death rocket, its a very easy one to do as there was no conversion work to the rocket its self just a few sigmar icons that i removed with a knife, there is an old death rocket model that you can buy from eBay but they do cost a bit but look very cool.

What do you hope to have in your army ?

evildwarf:

I dont really know… But when my army gets bigger i want a Earthshaker… maybe when i have 1000p i can have a earthshaker in the army but my friends will call me a powergamer if I bring a eartshaker to a 1000p game.

BilboBaggins:

It’s a good 500 point list.

Usually I don’t use magic casters in 500 point games, They don’t seem to do enough damage.

Small maneuverable units work better than large units. Under Flash Rules most unit minimum sizes are halfed (the exception min 5 like cavalry is still 5).

Also under Flash rules you do not have to have a hero, you can nominate a unit champion to be general, he must stay in unit.

So this would be a legal list.

Core

10 Chaos Dwarf Warriors full command (The unit Champ is Army General) - 120

15 Blunderbuss - 180

30 Hobgoblins with unit champ - 70

5 Hobgoblin bow - 25

5 Hobgoblin bow - 25

5 Hobgoblin bow - 25

5 Hobgoblin bow - 25

Special

Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower - 30

Total 500

You can ditch the Blunderbuss, in small games most people will either avoid it like the plague or target it with everything they got before it’s in range. Free up those 180 points.

Core

10 Chaos Dwarf Warriors full command (The unit Champ is Army General) - 120

30 Hobgoblins with unit champ - 70

8 Hobgoblin bow - 40

9 Hobgoblin bow - 45

9 Hobgoblin bow - 45

5 Hobgoblin Wolfriders with bow and shield - 75

Special

Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower - 30

15 Sneaky Gits - 75

Total 500

Putting the maximum of 8 units on the table in a flash game freaks out many opponents. :slight_smile:

Loki:

A earthshaker is a must for any CD army even if it does not kill any thing the fact that it will be reducing their movement by half is worth the 110 pts, your friends will only say because they are jealous that they can not take one :slight_smile:

BilboBaggins:

A earthshaker is a must for any CD army even if it does not kill any thing the fact that it will be reducing their movement by half is worth the 110 pts, your friends will only say because they are jealous that they can not take one :)

Loki
Not legal under Flash rules. But it is a must when building a larger army.

evildwarf:

I have another version of a border patrol list

Hero: Chaos Dwarf hero:

GW, Additional Hw

Magic Items: Armour of Gazrakh, Gauntlets of Bazhrakk the crule

Cost: 118p

Core: 19 Chaos Dwarf Warriors (Hero joins here)

hw+ Shield and musician and standard bearer

Cost:191p

10 Chaos dwarf warriors

Blunderbusses

Cost:120p

20 Hobgoblin

Cost: 40p

Special: Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower

Cost: 30p

Total cost: 499p

BilboBaggins:

Have you assembled the force and played a game with them yet? Playing Flash games is fun and you find ways units work and what you need to add to get to 1000 and higher.

evildwarf:

No i havent I just have 10 painted mini. And Im waiting for my Bfsp that i have boyght from the net. I beliv it will take atleast 2-3 month until i can play a game.