[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Brewing?

Glimpse the Void:

I come to lay more wasted thoughts before your wise council. What do you guys imagine chaos dwarfs drink? Is there anything we can consider cannon from fluff any of you have read?

I have been sketching lots of plans for terrain lately, and I am very excited about the prospect of a brewhouse or distillery. Where my imagination runs into a bit of a dead end is when I try to come up with how chaos dwarfs would go about doing something like that. I don’t picture them having access to fields of grain, though perhaps thats the kind of thing they might have iron demons ship back along with slaves? Would a distilled sugar situation make more sense as they break down a simple plant like sugar cane or some kind of cactus? It’s really hard for me to imagine them having access to enough fruits that something like apples for it to be something like that.

I imagine they’d have plenty of access to different types of fungi, but chaos dwarves have way to much class to mess around with something like that. That being said, I can picture brewmasters having discussions about whether adding human or elf blood make for a more satisfying brew.

Anyway, I was just wondering what you guys might think on this subject.

Cheers,

Glimpse

BoomBoom:

They drink Bacardi 151. Gets u ‘Lit’ and u can blow fireballs with it

Xx9millxX:

I would imagine they plunder different kinds of ales and vines on their slaving expeditions…

However I believe tht volcanic soil is very rich so it wouldn’t surprise me that they would have access to some sort of grain/wheat …

I’m sure they can make alcohol through some sort of process…

(Maybe like a jail style toilet bowl wine lol since i sure they have access to bread)

The Odor:

Tamurkhan mentions something called Blood Ale.

Bloodbeard:

I imagine they drink something really thick, dark and strong. Like the drink the orcs drink in the second LotR movie.

Dark as ciagulated blood, thick a syrup and strong as vodka.

Glimpse the Void:

cornixt. We are waiting for you and your statement. :hat

He is the Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Herby
All of this makes sense as far as drinking potent, flammable, and vicious beverages. Thats a lot of what I picture myself.

And @cornixt: do you actually brew in real life? I just brewed my own hard cider for the first time and It's a really exciting hobby I'd like to get into. There's nothing quite like being sauced on your own sauce.

Bloodbeard:

cornixt. We are waiting for you and your statement. :hat

He is the Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Herby
All of this makes sense as far as drinking potent, flammable, and vicious beverages.  Thats a lot of what I picture myself.

And @cornixt:  do you actually brew in real life?  I just brewed my own hard cider for the first time and It's a really exciting hobby I'd like to get into.  There's nothing quite like being sauced on your own sauce.

Glimpse the Void
Been brewing mead for years - it's awesome. I make it with all kinds of different stuff in it. And it's very cheap. 25 liters of 18% alcoholic honny sweetness for the price of 55$.

Soulassassin:

I imagine they drink something called the Black Pearl - found here No-19.no - Hvordan bli frisør

:cheers

cornixt:

I always imagined they brewed a very dark and highly spiced ale. If we follow the real-world example then something strong and clear like vodka or raki would also be popular. Bugman’s back story suggests that brewers were kidnapped by Orcs for preplanned brewing purposes, which could have been instigated by CDs.

Yes, I brew my own beer, although I don’t drink it quickly enough to do so more than twice per year. Grow my own hops, but buy the grain loose. I try to make a different style each time, although my Irish Red turned out more like a bitter for some reason this year. This year I did my first wine, although only from a kit, but it turned out pretty well. I’m going to try cider next year if I can get the right kind of juice - I want to go for Somerset-style but I’d be the only one to drink it.

tjub:

Glimpse the Void:

And I’m thirsty.  Imagine the magnificent hobby that would come to fruition with such legendary beer…

Admiral:

Chaos Dwarfs ought to have some odd beer types. Blood, ash and powdered bone are probably common ingredients.

Daemonic beer isn’t that far-fetched. It would be appropriate for priestly cult ceremonies if nothing else.

thewizardofoz:

Lambrini and on special occasions Bucks Fizz!

Sticklander:

I imagine they have their own cultural beer, from whatever fermented left overs a careless slave driver left, but then discovered it can make him drunk!

They could also have vines growing on ash fields, so perhaps some kind of ash wine? For the elites of their society, the biggest of the big hats!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Red Bull, of course!

Bloodbeard:

Red Bull, of course!

Tarrakk Blackhand
And Tarrakk wins the thread.

Yodrin:

Red Bull, of course!

Tarrakk Blackhand
And Tarrakk wins the thread.

Bloodbeard
Agree :hat

I see a chaos dwarf drinking a very dark, almost black, thick beer with a glowing brown/red/yellow foam in a huge skull pitcher :cheers

Kera foehunter:

Jägerbomb…:hat off

which has Red bull in it

Glimpse the Void:

I need someone to start producing chaos dwarf steins. I don’t imagine crochet would work well for that…