[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Citadel Scenery

Grotsnik:

is there any way of creating chaos dwarf scenery from the fortified manor and combining it with maybe trees and craters

please give me some ideas

id like it to be less than £100 plus paints tools brushes etc.

Beastybeastbeats:

I was just thinking about that! I wish we had more Chaos Dwarf scenery pics.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Looking at the house on the GW site. I can’t really think of what to do to convert it to a Chaos Dwarf Scenery piece as it doesn’t have much to do with CD’s. I always think of it as a Bretonian/Empire house.

Grotsnik:

in one issue of white dwarf it has a parts list for it and i tried and tried to design something chaos dwarfy out of it but just couldn’t

orcs of fire:

in the house set there are some statues of wizards holding fireballs, you could chop them up to make them shorter and call them stone sorcerers.:mask:)

Grotsnik:

good idea, if everyone had small ideas like that, they could all be put together to form an amazing scenery piece

Willmark:

My opinion is not really (for the reasoned mentioned) CD terrain should look industrial not medieval.

Grotsnik:

yeah thats the whole point - is there any way of making that sort of scenery out of the fortified manor set

Grotsnik:

i know its not fortified manor but some of these are amazing

http://www.jrminiatures.net/28mmsteampunk.aspx

AllEvil:

Its not citadel, but I stumbled across this terrain and really think it fits with the theme of Chaos Dwarfs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGSx8ON30j0&feature=channel_page

Grotsnik:

nice find that terrain looks ace i think it could easily be comined with the mining equipment or bridge from the previous link

Grimstonefire:

I would avoid using GW stuff unless you already own it. It’s too expensive and after all the work it would take I’d just make your own.

A mechanical bridge going over a tar river would look cool.

Grotsnik:

i agree the bridge on that first link looks AMAZING!!!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yeah…unless you want a specific looking Empire/Bretonian building, stick with GW stuff. If you want to go beyond that and make something unique, invest in Evergreen Sheet Styrene or Plastruct.

Grotsnik:

do you know where i can get these from for cheap as, as you can see on my new thread im starting a monster project

Willmark:

Yeah cardboard, tape, glue etc and get cracking.

Grotsnik:

i mean the Evergreen Sheet Styrene or Plastruct.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Shop at Monster Hobbies in High River, Alberta, Canada! :smiley:

Any local hobby store should also carry them. They’re cheap @ $4.00 for 3 sheets…8"x10".

Also, look for any strange shaped plastic food containers. Most of these are also styrene and could have shapes you won’t find or could create yourself.