[Archive] chaos dwarf daemons

zagor66:

:hashutSorry for posting so many questions but im interested in CD , can a CD army include daemons such as chaos furies?:hashut

metro_gnome:

nope… CD armies cannot include any daemons at the present…

during the SoC the questions of using the hellcannon in a CD army was posed…

the official answer was no…

however GW would encourage the opponents of Chaos dwarfs to allow it in friendly games…

thats the closest to daemons we presently have…

Uzkul Werit:

The only way which Chaos Dwarf use daemons is as fuel or materials. Earthshakers, Death Rockets and many other things have a little bit of Daemon in there somewhere.

AGPO:

Chaos dwarfs have not really been true chaos worshippers as such since 3rd edition - they have an ordered hiarachical society. For this reason I doubt anything so random as daemons would appear in the armies of the chaos dwarfs. A lot of people would draw a distinction between the Chaos Dwarfs of 3rd edition and earlier, and the Dawi’zhaar of 4th edition and later, although over the last two editions that line has become blurred for many, and some see no distinction at all

Tallhat:

Id really hate to see us go back to the 3rd edition style Chaos Dwarfs… They are so much less unique than the Dawi Zharr.

- Tallhat

Willmark:

Id really hate to see us go back to the 3rd edition style Chaos Dwarfs.... They are so much less unique than the Dawi Zharr.

- Tallhat

Tallhat
WHAT????? NO WAY THEY ROCK....

:hashut

Tallhat:

Thats your opinion mate :wink: I never said I was right I just stated that I didnt like them.

- Tallhat

metro_gnome:

A lot of people would draw a distinction between the Chaos Dwarfs of 3rd edition and earlier, and the Dawi'zhaar of 4th edition and later

AGPO
this line is artificial... big hatz have no more credibility than 3rd ed...
both are equally the red hedded step child of GW...

which one will they draw from the for the book?
could be either... could be neither...
tho recent fluff should be giving us a clue...
some can't see the forest for the trees...

Tallhat:

I still think that when it gets here, the army will be a mix of the 2. The fluff from 5th edition will most likely be the one that is used though Miniature wise we may well see GW go back at least in some ways to the 3rd edition look. I will never ever cease using my Bighats though.

- Tallhat

metro_gnome:

and thats it isn’t it…
we’ll all be fielding the armies we have… Big hatz, 3rd ed, converted goodness…
so who cares what GW decides the evil little buggers have on their heads…
or who their buddies are this time…

but we do need rules… and we need them desperately…

Tallhat:

So very true. We really need the book more than we need the models.

- Tallhat

Uzkul Werit:

Models aren’t that much of a probelm. Even those less talented at converting in the community such as myself, have become pretty handy at it. Rules are paramount in importance.

Tallhat:

Or one can use the bighat models. There are a lot of options really.

- Tallhat

Canix:

In a large game you could use them all representing all walks of chaos dwarf society:):hat:mask:hashut

AGPO:

I think xander’s bfsp and the hellcannon really blended the two looks wise. This is the lok I reckon GW will go for

Tallhat:

We cant be sure since the only new CD weve seen are those from the Hellcannon and that look isnt necesarelly what the rest of the army will look like. WM crews in other armies (Dwarfs for example) sometimes look different then the rest of the army.

- Tallhat