[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Dwarfs

Discoking:

Does anyone here use their Chaos Dwarfs as normal Dwarfs?

I think I may Start converting some Thunderblusses, & Evil Gyrocoptors etc.

Admiral:

I will be using my Dawi Zharr for counts-as Dwarfs. I already have an old-painted Dwarf army with lots of newly bought boxes, but it will have to wait. With my Dwarfs I want to achieve perfection in modelling, conversions and painting. It is better to collect a Chaos Dwarf army and paint it first, to acquire horde painting skills and also improve my sculpting.

I will probably use a Sorcerer on Lamassu as Gyrocopter. The Lamassu will be made from a Manticore’s body with a sculpted head resembling Christopher Lee, as per popular demand among my friends. Blunderbusses will count as Thunderers, CD Warriors as Warriors, Bolt Throwers as Hobgoblin Ballista, Cannons as Deathshrieker Rocket Launchers, Hellcannon and/or Earthshakers as Catapult and so on. The Anvil of Doom will make an obvious static, sorcerous centerpiece for the army. I’m not sure how I’ll use my upcoming horde of Titan Wargames infantry with great weapons. Will they do best work as Warriors or Hammerers?

The advantage of using the Dwarf list for your Chaos Dwarfs is that they’ll work for every tournament, and for a Dwarf player it’s a way of training for the “real one”. The problem with using the Dwarf army book for representing Dawi Zharr is the difficulty in fitting in slave hordes, Hobgoblins and those characteristic new vehicles, the Iron Daemon and Skullcracker.

G.2:

I have been thinking about making my Chaos Dwarfs “count as” dwarfs. But it has only been a thought, nothing serious.

…& Evil Gyrocoptors…

Discoking
I really want to build Gyrocopter for my Chaos Dwarfs. Actually I was just going to replace the pilot of normal Gyrocopter with a Choas Dwarf pilot. I may need to modify the height of the rotor blades, to accomodate the big hat pilot.

beefcake:

I have been thinking about making my Chaos Dwarfs "count as" dwarfs. But it has only been a thought, nothing serious.
...& Evil Gyrocoptors...

Discoking
I really want to build Gyrocopter for my Chaos Dwarfs. Actually I was just going to replace the pilot of normal Gyrocopter with a Choas Dwarf pilot. I may need to modify the height of the rotor blades, to accomodate the big hat pilot.

G.2
Or you chop the top off the hat and use some green stuff to make it look as if it has been mangled by the gyrocopter blades ;)

furrie:

I will be using my Dawi Zharr for counts-as Dwarfs. I already have an old-painted Dwarf army with lots of newly bought boxes, but it will have to wait. With my Dwarfs I want to achieve perfection in modelling, conversions and painting. It is better to collect a Chaos Dwarf army and paint it first, to acquire horde painting skills and also improve my sculpting.

I will probably use a Sorcerer on Lamassu as Gyrocopter. The Lamassu will be made from a Manticore's body with a sculpted head resembling Christopher Lee, as per popular demand among my friends. Blunderbusses will count as Thunderers, CD Warriors as Warriors, Bolt Throwers as Hobgoblin Ballista, Cannons as Deathshrieker Rocket Launchers, Hellcannon and/or Earthshakers as Catapult and so on. The Anvil of Doom will make an obvious static, sorcerous centerpiece for the army. I'm not sure how I'll use my upcoming horde of Titan Wargames infantry with great weapons. Will they do best work as Warriors or Hammerers?

The advantage of using the Dwarf list for your Chaos Dwarfs is that they'll work for every tournament, and for a Dwarf player it's a way of training for the "real one". The problem with using the Dwarf army book for representing Dawi Zharr is the difficulty in fitting in slave hordes, Hobgoblins and those characteristic new vehicles, the Iron Daemon and Skullcracker.

Admiral
You could use slayers as slaves. The biggest problem are the bullcentaurs in my opinion

Baggronor:

My converted army was originally made for this purpose. Sucks that BCs and other CD specific units are hard to fit in but it can be done. I have a BC who is just unit filler for example, he is on two 20mm bases.

The Dwarf list also adds opportunities to make cool new stuff like Shieldbearers and Cannons, as well as some obvious cross-overs like the Magma Cannon as a Flame Cannon, etc.

IG also make epic Ironbreakers.

The Ork Deffcopta is also a possible candidate for a Gyrocopter conversion.

I’m not sure how I’ll use my upcoming horde of Titan Wargames infantry with great weapons. Will they do best work as Warriors or Hammerers?
Hammerers surely! In horde with Master Rune of Grungni. It’s the way forward :slight_smile: Cannot stress enough how good Hammerers with a tooled BSB are.

Kera foehunter:

Normal Dwarfs ?? i own no normal dwarfs…:slight_smile:

Admiral:

I'm not sure how I'll use my upcoming horde of Titan Wargames infantry with great weapons. Will they do best work as Warriors or Hammerers?

Admiral
Hammerers surely! In horde with Master Rune of Grungni. It's the way forward :) Cannot stress enough how good Hammerers with a tooled BSB are.

Baggronor
Now that's what I call customer service! ;)

My brother insists on hammerers too. It seem good advice and might actually give me the upper hand in a battle once every tournament or so.

Delgdeathaxe:

I play in a campain here and actually am in the process of making my dwarf army into chaos dwarf themed so far it is pretty fun. good idea is bull centaurs as slavers/unit fillers. i use beaten down nastied up high elves with slavers chaining and beating them as crossbowmen blunderbusses as thunderers. an amazing conversion of the mortis engine as the throne of power hammerers are my infernal guard. runesmith/sorcerer conversion are great fun. and my favorite so far is a dark summoning pillar from pegasis miniatures for the anvil of doom with a guy on the rack for a sacrificial alter with a sorcerer putting a dagger into his chest in a ritual with people in stocks and tied up waiting for sacrifice along with bull centaur guards. and warmachines are just way to fun.

anyway those are some ideas for you and my dirty secret funtime conversions

finally got some pics online of my throne

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11392&pid=193874#pid193874