[Archive] Chaos Dwarf illegal recast?

felix:

Hello, this is my first post, but I’ve been following the forums for a long time. I purchased a group of Chaos Dwarfs off of ebay, and in the set was the Chaos Dwarf listed on wiki as an illegal recast and also 2 Chaos Dwarfs have the body of CD-A and the hat of the Chaos Dwarf Drummer. Does anyone have any information about those 2. They are not painted and are one solid piece.

Thanks for your help, and Big Hats rule!    :hat

Servius:

yep thats a recast… you can tell in the lacking detail in the face area and the pitting of the pewter. but its a cool find… personally I think that finding a good recast is more valuable than the actual models.

Time of Madness:

Ya unfortunately you got a re-cast there. Not even that great of quality in my opinion.

Time of Madness

Anonymouse:

Not a very good cast, but a nice find nevertheless. With a bit of sanding down the irregularities on the spike and maybe some greenstuffing, you’d get a nice fig though.

Bolg:

@Felix, If the ebay seller didnt state it was a recast you can get your money back (or file a complaint and get your money back).

But only whitin 45 days of transaction.

clam:

You might find this thread interesting:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6541

As you can see it’s a matter of opinions really - wether these are genuine or not - in generel.

But judged from the quality of this model in particular - pretty sure that your model is a recast.

Thorne:

you got there a white metal recast bud, Sorry to say but I am convinced that it will make a good model. Out of sheer cheek how much did you pay for the item ?

felix:

you got there a white metal recast bud, Sorry to say but I am convinced that it will make a good model. Out of sheer cheek how much did you pay for the item ?

Thorne
I paid $5.00 US each. I bought the dwarfs not for collecting, but for my own army. I have no sculpting skills for green stuff to make my own chaos dwarfs, and there are not many different poses available for big hats, so to me they will make a nice addition to my army once they are painted and my. :hat

Nicodemus:

felix,

Is there any chance you could take some super macro pics of the pitting on the axe, as well as the face, hat and the area were the two are joined? These would be nice for us to have thoroughly documented here with super clear/crisp pictures.

If you’re unhappy I’ll offer to buy them from you for what you paid for them. Not because I want to further the exchange of recasts, but more because I’d like to have these examples… in which case I’ll happily take photos and post them (with better lighting than I usually use for my own stuff on here) :wink:

~N

Bolg:

@felix did you leave feedback on ebay yet? cos I would like to know if someone sold illegal recast as genuine models on ebay…

Da Crusha:

I think illegal recasts go around quite often on ebay actually. sometimes models look just way too new especially for the old marauder and mm90 ranges. here is a link of a discussion happening at bugman’s brewery about illegal recasts on ebay
Convinced I Bought Counterfeit Hammerer Figures - The Dwarf Tavern (9th Age + 8th Ed Warhammer) - Bugmans Brewery - The Home for all Warhammer Dwarf Fans

LumpinCroop:

I compared your picture to my old big hats. Looks like a recast to me.

gIL^:

Thorne
I paid $5.00 US each. I bought the dwarfs not for collecting, but for my own army. I have no sculpting skills for green stuff to make my own chaos dwarfs, and there are not many different poses available for big hats, so to me they will make a nice addition to my army once they are painted and my.  :hat

felix
Hell get me in contact ill buy 40 for $5 each.

Edit - Whoops zombie thread... BRAINNNZZ!!!