[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Lord + Blunderbusser

Grimstonefire:

This is a bit late really, but its for the compilation sticky.

I did this model at the end of last year I think. Its based on the 6th ed Dwarf Lord in gromil armour. Its my best conversion to date and if I touch it up a lot I might enter in golden daemon.

Blunderbusser:

Snotling:

yep you should!

to my birthday, i want some conversions form you, agree? :cheers

Ghrask Dragh:

Looks brilliant!:hat off

I have already seen the painted version but its great to see the work in progress! The helm/mask looks really good and I like the trophy-like tusks/horns mounted on the back, so much they will definetly be used in my army!! have you seen the new ‘Serpant guard’ minis from the LotR Easterling range? if the trophies there are available as components they will be all over my army!!

That’s well worth entering into Golden Demon by the way, :hat off again Grimstonefire!!!

Kyte:

Damn it’s great! I’m not too keen on the mask though. IMO, it could need some more skull-ness or some tusks, but otherwise it’s close to genious!

Thanks

- Kyte

cornixt:

I like it a lot. I’m moving away from the skull-masks myself. Plus he is a lord so he should be different anyway.

Kobarf:

Yes amazing conversion and great paintjob :hat off

I actually really like the mask, it’s not evil looking but more sinister, which is a great look for chaos dwarfs imo.

Definitely enter it in the GD and get us some more attention by winning :cheers

Kobarf

bandnerd1892:

I think if you’re going to enter it in a GD, some of the things that need to be touched up are: the gauntlets, the look a little muddy, can’t really make out the detail. I’d also brighten up the detail on the axe head, it also looks a little dark. Overall i love the GS work. Absolutely superb, keep up the awesome work.

Uzkul Werit:

I’m amazed that you could pick out the eyes so well on that model. Good job.

If you’re going to GD then I’ll see you there. I might be wearing the big hat of justice! :smiley:

AGPO:

Both Chaosy and Dawrfy, I love it! I’ve always admired this conversion and have searched the forum looking for it! I too used that model as a base for a lord but its nowhere near as good. I may try again though, I really love the model its based on

Xander:

The model is pretty sweet, for sure. Makes me wonder how long I am going to have to wait for more Grim awesomeness.

AGPO:

Maybe he should start an army blog. Btw I say maybe in the same way that it is maybe best to comply with the man with the machete

Xander:

Added a pic of Grim’s Blunderbuss to his post, for reference.

Pyro Stick:

That lord is an awesome beast. I wish i could sculpt that good…

wallacer:

I wouldn’t really call that a conversion, it’s more of a scratch built miniature.

Very inspiring, I must say. I’ll have a crack at something like that when I get the time.

Xander:

I wouldn't really call that a conversion, it's more of a scratch built miniature.

Very inspiring, I must say. I'll have a crack at something like that when I get the time.

wallacer
It started as a Thunderer.

minty:

i think he ment the lord xander, not the blunderbuuser, the lord started out as one of the older dwarf thanes

Xander:

i think he ment the lord xander, not the blunderbuuser, the lord started out as one of the older dwarf thanes

minty
In either case, both are conversions with sculpted additions. :hat off

Rootbeer:

My only criticism would be that when holding an axe the cutting edge is usually in line with the forearm of the upper hand

minty:

thats GW sculpting problem though, since the arms are normal, just greenstuff coated, there is no way to not like grims lord, it is one of the greatest CD’s in the world

Thommy H:

thats GW sculpting problem though

minty
The reason weapons are at the wrong angle on most figures (not just GW ones) is because everything on a sculpt needs to be in the same plane in order to cast it. An axe or sword at a perpendicular angle to the rest of the figure wouldn't cast very well.

It also allows any design on the weapon to be displayed more easily when painted.