[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Lord combo

Golder Goldeater:

So i was thinking of something like that for a chaos dwarf lord:

chaos dwarf lord on Taurus 350p
Obsidian Blade 70p
Enchanted Shield ???
Amour of the Furnace 45 p
Gauntlets of Bazrakk The Cruel 20p

Total Points: 485 + cost of the shield (someone help me ? :stuck_out_tongue: )

So we have a lord with 2+ armor save , 5+ ward save, 4 S 5 attacks that do not allow armor save ( and destroy armors/shields ) and a terrible beast
for a mount. What do you guys think?

Thommy H:

I think he’s illegal. You’ve got two items of Magic Armour on him, and way more than 100 points of Magic Items anyway.

Da Crusha:

I used to think that there was no magic point limit for ravening horde characters because it isn’t stated in the 2 page pdf. but, it says it in the beginning of the ravening hordes booklet. 50 points max for heros and 100 point max for lords

Shakhorth:

He is illegal like Thommy said.

You are over the 100pts & you have a duplicate armour choice.

Golder Goldeater:

Oh that’s too bad :frowning:
I must beg for your forgiveness. The only army I played with up until now are dwarves so I have no experience with magic items.I guess that this thread has to be locked then.

Anyway thanks for letting me know

PS; so you can’t give your character both a magic armor and a magic shield?
Man I am beginning to appreciate my dwarves more and more every passing day.
Eeer… I mean… Oh. you got me.

Thommy H:

so you can't give your character both a magic armor and a magic shield?
Not if they both come from the same category: in this case Magic Armour.

Hashut’s Blessing:

No need for this to be locked, just allows you to learn the magic item rules and refine the lord to be legal. The illegalities involved here are: a Lord can only have 100pts of magic items and you may only have one of each type of magic item (one piece of armour/shield, one weapon, one talisman, one banner, one enchanted item, one arcane item).

Da Crusha:

well you can make a similar build without the ward save, and destroying armour, plus a pip of Armour.

Chaos dwarf lord on taurus

obsidian blade from common magic item list 50

gauntlets of bazhrakk the cruel 20

armour of gazrakh 30

enchanted shield is 5 by the way.

Golder Goldeater:

well you can make a similar build without the ward save, and destroying armour, plus a pip of Armour.

Chaos dwarf lord on taurus
obsidian blade from common magic item list 50
gauntlets of bazhrakk the cruel 20
armour of gazrakh 30

enchanted shield is 5 by the way.

Da Crusha
Hey that sounds good !
And by arming him with a regular shield he gets a 6 + ward save anyway.
I think it doesn't make a huge difference. Thank you mate :cheers

Hashut’s Blessing:

Actually, if you’re mounted or have a special/magical weapon, you don’t get that 6+ parry save.

Thommy H:

An important change to remember in 8th Edition is that you get +1 armour save for being mounted on a monster now too. So Armour of the Furnace, Shield and Taurus adds up to 2+. Pretty pointless for this comparrison since Armour of Ghazrak is cheaper and gives you a 1+ save anyway, but it might be useful to keep in mind if you want to use the latter elsewhere. It’s no longer quite a tough choice between the two.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Thommy H: very true. The AotF also confers the bonuses of 5+ WS and a 2+ WS (or total immunity) to Flaming Attacks.

Thommy H:

I know - I just meant that now you’re not always thinking, “I could have gotten a really good save, but I wanted the ward and the fire resistance…” because AotF with a shield now grants almost as good a save.

Shakhorth:

Actually, if you're mounted or have a special/magical weapon, you don't get that 6+ parry save.

Hashut's Blessing
I got a question concerning this statement. I know if you got a special/magic weapon you don't get the parry save given by the hand weapon and shield combo. But I can't find the rule that states you lose the parry save if you are mounted. Perhaps it's an oversight on my part.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Unless it’s changed in the new edition, that’s how it’s always been.

Da Crusha:

Actually, if you're mounted or have a special/magical weapon, you don't get that 6+ parry save.

Hashut's Blessing
I got a question concerning this statement. I know if you got a special/magic weapon you don't get the parry save given by the hand weapon and shield combo. But I can't find the rule that states you lose the parry save if you are mounted. Perhaps it's an oversight on my part.

Shakhorth
it says it on page 88, it is the last line under parry save.

Shakhorth:

Hashut's Blessing

Shakhorth
it says it on page 88, it is the last line under parry save.

Da Crusha
Thanks guys knew I must have missed it.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Da Crusha: Thanks for the citation :wink: