[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Names

cornixt:

This is partially about the wiki but I know that quite a few people don’t look at the forum related to it, plus this is about stuff I would normally stick in a pdf for people to download and announce it on here anyway.

I’ve created a simple [[Chaos Dwarf Name Generator]] which should help people add a little flavour to their armies (better than just having battles using a “random Chaos Dwarf Lord”). It is based on a program I wrote to generate lists of names randomly, although I’ve had to cut it down a bit and lose some variety in order to have a usable version in text on the wiki. There are also versions for Orcs and Goblins but they are considerably larger and more awkward to cut down in this way. I’ll share more about the program soon.

I’ve also compiled a list of [[Chaos Dwarf Names]] that have been used over the years (with help from other wiki editors), including those from when they named every miniature. Hopefully they can add to your inspiration too.

What I’d really like is a bit of feedback on the name generator. I know it isn’t perfect and I don’t think that anything that works in this way will ever produce 100% successful names (especially the last names in this case), but I’d like to know if I’m in the right ball-park with regard to the forms used in the names. Are there too many “kh” or “rh” and if so what should they be replaced by? Are the names it produces different to your idea of a Chaos Dwarf name? It is clear that some of the last names don’t “work”, what about the first names?

To give a rough idea, here is a list of sample names, completely unaltered:

Sharahk Quickhand

Zharth Ironbeard

Fhakk Darkhead

Kharzhakh Lighthammer

Thargrakka Burnface

Khanahk Burntears

Thakkah Bloodfist

Farlund Burnnose

Darrahk Daemonpunch

Fharkhorth Blacknose

Bhalund Tinhead

Rhakharth Hollowside

Any suggestions or comments are helpful.

Uzkul Werit:

Even without trying it (but I’ll get around to it), I must say that is a wonderous creation. Good job Cornixt!

Traitor King:

Works really well, even by just picking parts to make a name that sounds cool.

Nice one Mr C!

(btw, the word ‘smokey’ just doesnt work…)

Tallhat:

Great idea :slight_smile: Though Ive personally named my characters after Babylonian and Assyrian Kings it is still a great idea. :hat off

- Tallhat

cornixt:

(btw, the word 'smokey' just doesnt work...)

Traitor King
But then who would chase the Goblin Bandit? :)
Should probably be 'smoke' or something a bit more substantial.

The Flying Beaver:

This is an excellent addition Cornixt. Well done!

Vexxus:

At the risk of Necro-ing this thread (or whatever), this handy tool may be invaluable for some people entering the Artisan’s Contest IX !

Actually, I think I might just utilize this out of sheer admiration for its creation!

A very belated thanks to Cornixt!

nitroglysarine:

what about a sub type of XXXXX the XXXXX

say Brognor the Impaler, or Dave the Bloodfist?

The_Bear_in_the_Hat:

All hail…Dave?

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

nitroglysarine:

I have used the name for my Empire general as ‘Dave the Impaler’ - Its just awesome to shout, NOOOOooooo don’t hurt dave, don’t be so mean to Dave!!

Fequiil:

I have used the name for my Empire general as 'Dave the Impaler' - Its just awesome to shout, NOOOOooooo don't hurt dave, don't be so mean to Dave!!

nitroglysarine
leave britney (i mean dave) alone!
leave her alone!
:D

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I used the name generator found in WoH#2 (I think it was) to come up with my name - Tarrakk Blackhand.

cornixt:

It’s the same as the one in the wiki

nitroglysarine:

I have used the name for my Empire general as 'Dave the Impaler' - Its just awesome to shout, NOOOOooooo don't hurt dave, don't be so mean to Dave!!

nitroglysarine
leave britney (i mean dave) alone!
leave her alone!
:D

Fequiil
:hat off

Novogord Vivendi:

I think I’m going with : Boindil Dubbelkling

A name from the of Markus Heintz, The dwarfs.