[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Necromancer

Thrask:

Greetings, little bearded people with funny hats!

I have come from far away lands to ask you for your knowledge about your people!

Or well, having the idea of making a Chaos Dwarf Necromancer, I thought I’d ask around here wether thats actually possibly fluff-wise.

Thrask, member of the Carpe Noctem

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Well, I’d say it is not impossible that there are Chaos Dwarf Necromancers, but I would find generally we are more comfortable with creating crazy machinery, binding daemons and enslaving living creatures.

Ghrask Dragh:

I personally love the idea, it’s one of the many concepts I have for my army. In my list I have about 95 hobgoblins and and I am trying to find as many ways as possible not to buy that many of the old models (infact I don’t plan to buy any), zombie kits are one of the ways I am trying to get around it.

I think it would be a good idea when the book comes out to have��a necromancer special character which would allow all slave unit options to be undead, or something like that. It’s not going to happen though, the necromancer I mean not the book :cheers

Kera foehunter:

Well come on over and stay a bit. We like to see your army that would be great.

You would fit in well with these guys!!!

Welcome to the site BTW

Pyro Stick:

Hmmm. Chaos Dwarf Necromancer. Hmmm. I think chaos dwarf sorcerors are more interested in creating volcanoes under their enemies feet than bringing slaves back from the dead. It wouldnt be worth their time. They would just die again straight away. Their destructive magic is more worth their time. Its a cool idea though. Sorcerors that bring defeated deamonic machinery back to life would make more sense.

Kera foehunter:

I like the idea of bringing back slaves from the dead .Now thats a living hell! you just can’t

excape

Thrask:

I am not sure wether just saying I am from Carpe Noctem really explained my idea, but basicly, its using a Chaos Dwarf, as a Necromancer to lead my Zombies and Skeletons of my Vampire Counts Army.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thrask

Pyro Stick:

If you are going to do that then mount your sorceror on a Manticore

Hashut’s Blessing:

I think it’s perffectly acceptable as long as you can back up WHY the CD sorcerer followed your army (maybe so that he COULD learn necromancy) and why he wanted to learn the dark arts (a renewable.back up slave source?). It’s just as plausible as any other race having a magic-user turn necromantic. As long as the race can have a magic-user, there’s no reason it can’t learn the laws of necromancy. Good luck and show us the results!

Father Grumpmas:

The Chaos Dwarfs certainly muck around with dark magic so the odd nercromancer wouldn’t be entirely out of place.

A few dwarf zombies i.e. the cursed company dwarf, scattered throughout the army would give a nice theme - enslaving those cursed ‘law’ dwarfs even after they are dead.

A thought just came to me - the cursed company dwarf would make the basis of a interesting Grave Guard unit - would be funny to have them moving more quickly when they were dead than when they were alive.

wallacer:

Raising the dead from the earth to serve you is effectively just a kind of slavery anyway, so I can’t imagine that CD would have any philosophical objection to it.

It’s more a question of whether a CD sorceror would be willing to actually leave Zharr Naggrund to find out more about it.

BLOOD AXE:

Chaos Dwarves need slaves to run machinery , work in forges, mine ore and help supply Chaos warf armies with weapons of mass destruction. :slight_smile: A slave that doesn’t need to rest, sleep, eat, get sick, start rebellion,etc would be great. A zombie slave can keep working at simple tasks until it falls apart.

It would strike fear into enemies. Death is no release from slavery 7 servitude. Even if you die you will serve the will of the Chaos Dwarves!!

:hashut

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Remember, a CD Necromancer would still petrify after a few centuries, so he better had some zombies at hand to carry him around once he cannot move anymore. :wink:

Khan!:

I think the idea has some definite promise. In fact now I think that a “count-as” Vampire Counts army might be cool to use as an alternate list for Chaos Dwarfs…hmmm

Thrask:

The Chaos Dwarfs certainly muck around with dark magic so the odd nercromancer wouldn't be entirely out of place.

A few dwarf zombies i.e. the cursed company dwarf, scattered throughout the army would give a nice theme - enslaving those cursed 'law' dwarfs even after they are dead.

A thought just came to me - the cursed company dwarf would make the basis of a interesting Grave Guard unit - would be funny to have them moving more quickly when they were dead than when they were alive.

Father Grumpmas
My Spirit Hosts will be the ghosts of a Mining Expedition, still looking for a way out of the mines in their mind!
Remember, a CD Necromancer would still petrify after a few centuries, so he better had some zombies at hand to carry him around once he cannot move anymore. ;)

Ishkur Cinderhat
Why would he petrify ?

Thrask

Pyro Stick:

Remember, a CD Necromancer would still petrify after a few centuries, so he better had some zombies at hand to carry him around once he cannot move anymore. ;)

Ishkur Cinderhat
Why would he petrify ?

Thrask

Thrask
All chaos dwarf sorcerors petrify from using their magic. Its in their army book. And probably in the wiki as well.