[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Players: Disgruntled or Delighted?

wallacer:

I started a thread on Da Warpath once about how to pronounce “waaagh”.

Some people I know pronounce it waarg and some pronounce it waaa.

The thread went on for quite a while…

Tallhat:

This reminds me of the time on Hand of Hashut when we had the how to pronounce Hashut thread. :shy:

Uzkul Werit
That was an excellent thread :) I fondly remeber that. Apart from the result that is :P What did we end up calling him?

- Tallhat

Uzkul Werit:

It’s pronounced Hash-ut. Well, that’s how I say it anyway. Maybe it’s regional. In Zharr Naggrund they say it one way but elsewhere, differently.

Tallhat:

laughs Good excuse :wink: But I pronouce it that way too so maybe youre right.

- Tallhat

Death Disco:

I started a thread on Da Warpath once about how to pronounce "waaagh".
Some people I know pronounce it waarg and some pronounce it waaa.

The thread went on for quite a while....

wallacer
The best way to go about it is to play Dawn of War. This also gives you the opportunity to listen to the hilariously awful voice acting and cheesy dialogue.

The Flying Beaver:

“You are strong. It will be good to have that strength!” :stuck_out_tongue:

wallacer:

The best way to go about it is to play Dawn of War.

Death Disco
Never played dawn of war (my computer just isn't up to it).
I would like to though.

fwiw, I pronounce Hashut as Hash (rhymes with slash) and the "ut" part rhyming with the "oot" part of the word "foot".

eternalfreak:

I say it Hash/slash ut/foot, but I still think it sounds odd. Try putting on a very deep, growly, evil sounding scots accent, and play around with pronouncing it. It still sounds wierd, but you’re saying it as your little dudes do. Which is better then not.

Please tell me I’m not the only one who speaks in character in battles? Please? :wink:

Hammerhand:

This thread is sooo far off topic!

I pronounce it Hash-Hut but then I tend to pronounce most things wrong.

Willmark:

Back on topic:

Thinking about it the only thing that is lacking for CDs is the magical item list, which is understandably spartan with the pdf list we have as of right now; magical standards being the greatest area that is lacking IMHO.

Uzkul Werit:

Just a few new magic items would be nice, ideally ones that are a little tricksey. +2S (as handy as it is) can get a little stale. And even the DOW got some new ones a while back.