[Archive] chaos dwarf slayers

AGPO:

Here is a section of the fluff I have written to include 3rd ed ideas with my current army (which is kind of a blend of 6-7th ed fluff and style with a bit of 3rd and 4th thrown in).

"If a chaos dwarf offends the council of sorcerers, it is likely that he will be put to death or sacrificed to Hashut in any one of a number of terrible ways. For some however, an even worse punishment exists. They will be taken in chains by the immortals down to the workshops and labratories of Zharr Naggrund, where they are given over to the most twisted sorcerers and engineers amongst their kind. The dwarfs resiliance to mutation is well known, but by the twisted cunning of the Dawi’zharr even these mighty defenses can be overcome. Raw chaos energy will surge through the dwarf’s veins, warping and corrupting him, while his writhing flesh is branded with warpstone to bear deadly runes of power. By the end of it the dawi’zhaar is changed uttterly - a strange and twisted mutant truly worthy of the name “chaos dwarf.” Sometimes this method is used in the creation of new slave races, such as the boar centaurs. Most of the time though, the chaos dwarf becomes one of the deadliest shock weapons in the Dawi’zhaar arsenal - a berzerker.

Unleashed on the enemy in a wave of blades and mutated limbs, the berzerkers wear no armour, their thickened hides and dwarf resiliance offering enough protection. They have no regard for their own safety, being utterly mad. One they are given free reign, the berzerkers will kill or maim anything within reach. The western Dawi fear the berzerkers more than any other foe, for they know that if taken prisoner, they may well suffer the same fate and become another mindless killer in the service of the sorcerer lords."

If I’ve contradicted any early fluff here, forgive me. But since the Dawi’zhaar have been almost completely re-written in fluff terms since the 3rd ed, I hope I can be forgiven for taking a few liberties.

Tallhat:

Very nice, though I dont like that you are mentioning the Boar Centaurs. Those things are (thankfully) long gone as in 3rd edition gone.

- Tallhat

zagor66:

BOAR!!!Hashut favours his beloved bulls!!

Kera foehunter:

Great story!!! go bersekers cant wait to see them

zagor66:

Actually might also make a berserker “chieftan” , with a HUGE!!sword.

AGPO:

Very nice, though I dont like that you are mentioning the Boar Centaurs. Those things are (thankfully) long gone as in 3rd edition gone.

- Tallhat

Tallhat
Yeah, but eventually I want to feature whirlwind and tenderizer conversions and I can't see bull centaurs crewing them really

Tallhat:

Problem is that Boars dont really have a place in the CD fluff seeing as everything asociated with their god and his powers are portrayed by Bulls in some form.

- Tallhat

zagor66:

Boars are more associated with orcs tham CD.

AGPO:

YEah, but they’re mutants created by the CDs as slaves, the bull centaurs are favoured servants created by Hashut. Boar centaurs are simply creatures used for their strength like orcs. Orcs don’t look like bulls, they just smell similar

wallacer:

Boar Centaurs are fine. There is no reason why CD wouldn’t put them to use if they exist. Just assume they’re mutants or something.

Tallhat:

But fact about Boar Centaurs is that in the Hashutan Era of the CD they dont fit as mutations are far less common for a dwarf and teh mutations always springs from a Gods will. It wouldnt seem right for Hashut who is indeed a Bull God to make his followers into half Boars. At least not in my mind. Whats the next thing gonna be then? Great Boarus?

- Tallhat

wallacer:

Just because they’re mutants wouldn’t necessarily mean that Hashut mutated them. It could just be prolonged exposure to chaos/magic/warpstone/toxins/pollutants/reality TV/whatever.

Remember, Dwarfs are supposed to be unable to cast magic too, but CD seem to be able to do so OK.

Seriously, just assume the Boar Centaurs are mutants and let it slide…

(we have more important things to worry about, like our lack of an army list and Xander not posting much recently).

AGPO:

I’m with wallacer on this one. Boar centaurs are a slave race, no matter who created them they wouldn’t be favoured with the form of a bull. Anyway, this forum supports all forms of chaos dwarfs. If perople want a purely helms, or purely hats, or purely marrauder CD forum then it wouldn’t be anywhere near as interesting. Celebrate the differences people!

Tallhat:

Celebrate the differences people!

AGPO
NEVER!! :P

- Tallhat

Willmark:

(we have more important things to worry about, like our lack of an army list and Xander not posting much recently).

wallacer
Yeah seriously. Anyone know where he went???

Tallhat:

Yeah Ive been thinking the same. Maybe the guy just has some real life stuff to do. That happens to the best of us.

- Tallhat

Willmark:

Pffft real life is overated, that’s why I’m here so much, oh wait…

AGPO:

Yeah who needs real life… come back to us Xander!

zagor66:

Yeah who needs real life... come back to us Xander!

AGPO
Okay?:o

wallacer:

Perhaps Xander is actually a Boar Centaur in real life, and is so offended by us questioning his right to exist, that he has decided to abandon us.