[Archive] chaos dwarf slayers

zagor66:

I thought that I should make some CD slayers with spikey black hair and long spikey swords for hacking limbs , ha ha ha ha![sorry]

metro_gnome:

indeed… you could use the Bearmen of Urslo rules for them…

frenziriffic!.. and only a special choice :slight_smile:

Traitor King:

Would Cds be likely to have slayers?

Ive never heard mention of the big grude aspect that our treacherous western cousins have.

But, conversions would look great. I say go for it!

cornixt:

I was given some as a present so I’ve painted them up as berserkers with wild black hair and symbols painted over the bodies.

Father Grumpmas:

3rd edition Chaos Dwarfs (Helms) had rules for berserkers, so you would be following in a proud tradition.

zagor66:

Perhaps they could have offended hashut and driven mad , perhaps attach some chains to thier arm to give the realism that they must be restrained before they go into battle or they have vowed to spend thier lives hunting down thier bretheren.

wallacer:

The picture of the CD Berserker in the Slaves to Darkness book looks pretty much like a Slayer.

zagor66:

:oDo you have a picture of it so I may see:o

wallacer:

:oDo you have a picture of it so I may see:o

zagor66
Not without scanning it, no. I'll try to do so if I have the time.

AGPO:

I’d quite like to see that to wallacer,I haven’t seen slaves to darkness for years… I would say berzerkers are a part of chaos dwarf fluff and history as much as the whirlwind, tenderiser, swivel gun, juggernaut and bazooka are. If you still want to model stuff from this era, then go ahead, but ain’t no official rules so you’ll have to use counts as or make your own.

Tallhat:

If you are gonna make a 3rd edition style CD army then no problem. But if it is a big hat army it wouldnt work that well I think. They would be too Western Dwarfish.

- Tallhat

Willmark:

I'd quite like to see that to wallacer,I haven't seen slaves to darkness for years... I would say berzerkers are a part of chaos dwarf fluff and history as much as the whirlwind, tenderiser, swivel gun, juggernaut and bazooka are. If you still want to model stuff from this era, then go ahead, but ain't no official rules so you'll have to use counts as or make your own.

AGPO
Ahhh Slaves of Darkness.. I have two of those. I have been trying to get Lost and the Damned but it usually goes for $100.00+ on "vultureBAY".

zagor66:

I agree with Tallhat the big helmets on a 3rd edition style CD army is a bit …wrong.

Willmark:

Agree there is a definate difference in style and feel of the army between 3rd and 4th.

That being said if beserkers are done they need to have some mutations ala the 3rd edition beserker figures which were waaaaay cool IMHO. Getting 3rd edition beserkers would be even better but a near impossible task given the climate for CD models on “vultureBay” right now.

Tallhat:

What is the climate there?

- Tallhat

Canix:

The 3rd ED models are great for a counts as if you have to use the traitor dwarves codex for competitions ,you get berzerkers, marauders,renegades and warengines galore or thats my evil plan when my tallhats are done:hashut

Its chilly n busy on ebay but still some lots go cheap ,not the 3rd ed tho seems like theres alot of us finishing off collections .I prefer to take time and get a bargain :hat

Willmark:

Using them for a chaos dwarf army based on the regualr dwarf list would indeed rock for “count as” slayers. Thumbs Up!

zagor66:

Cant wait to convert them!!

Kera foehunter:

chaos slayer rules. Are you planning to use dwarf slayer and convert them.

zagor66:

:oYes as stated above:mad