[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Tank

Merchant:

• It has been talked about before, and just awhile ago I was looking at the Indy GT rule book for Chaos Dwarfs - and there it was, an Empirial Swivel Cannon for the CDs (Now me happy :slight_smile: ) But I was thinking, now then there is only a mount to the new plastic Steam Tank hits the streets - why not do it, build an Chaos Dwarf Steam Tank.

- What do you think? I’m going for it, but I might need some ideas - so if any, please post them.

- When the work begins, I’ll post it in my thread in the conversions topic.

Cheers all :cheers

Kera foehunter:

well i think this would make a cool cd tanks !! Merchant !

a few daemons and off to battle we go

Bassman:

I think the boiler is ok and it could be a nice source of bits but the main structure is too easily recognizable and screams “Empire tank”!

I suggest you to scratch build the main body and use Chaos bits mixed with tank bits to build the rest of the tank.

It will be great. Looking forwared to see the result.

Merchant:

main structure is too easily recognizable and screams "Empire tank"!
scratch build the main body & use Chaos bits mixed with tank bits to build the rest of the tank.

Bassman
- i agree with you, it is too recognizable - but it is plastic, so if I cannot remove the typical Empire icons and re-build a more chaotic look for it, I force to scratch build it's main body. :D

Thorne:

Flip the main hull upside down and pack out sides with cardboard ? then perhaps strap a few mortar looking things to top maybe ?

Astranagant:

Honestly I feel that it’s better to start with a Space Ork model than the steam tank, though the boiler is probably fine. The Steam Tank is just too Imperial.

I’ve already considered using the Battlewagon for a re-invisioned Juggernaut.

apocalypstia:

flipping the main hull, deck the top, remount the turret to the new top side - with or without a level; although adding a level would leave some room for some blunderbuss guys firing from the rails. Scuplt or bit up a bow icon (lamasu, taurus, hashut maybe or even a nice queen helga conversion - looking as if to spout the dirges of chaos). New smoke stack to pitted well used iron stack (sim. to the infamous marcus’s adaptation for his mining complex).

Naturally remove iconography from hull, maybe hang some chains dredging the sea of enemies below. Add some distictive markings to redo the wheels to give them that cd look and feel. Viola a new Chaos Dwarf Landship. Depending on your take on things and your overall themes… this could easily be “Pirated” up into a slavers land ship.

just an idea or some such. could very nicely be done. looking forward to seeing your creation.

BilboBaggins:

Make the boiler look more like the barrel of the Hell Cannon, Demonic Power all the way. Rampaging Demonic Chaos Dwarf Tank.

Grimstonefire:

The main thing is getting rid of the wood. I’d also try and convert some wheels similar to the big hellcannon ones.

jolpis:

a few deff dread parts would fix it up.

wallacer:

You would have a lot of filing to do to make that a CD tank.

Merchant:

I've already considered using the Battlewagon for a re-invisioned Juggernaut.

Astranagant
- Ah that was a great idea, I see what you mean - but again i'm gonna try with the Steam Tank, but maybe a combination of the tank and some Space Ork sprue might do the job :idea
flipping the main hull, deck the top, remount ... ... a level would leave some room for some blunderbuss guys firing from the rails. Scuplt or bit up a bow icon (lamasu, taurus, ... ... iron stack (sim. to the infamous marcus's adaptation for his mining complex).

Naturally remove iconography from hull, maybe hang some chains dredging the sea of enemies below. Add some ... ... look and feel. Viola a new Chaos Dwarf Landship. Depending on your take on things and your overall themes... ...

apocalypstia
Sounds like a plan, I'll look into it - as soon as the tank has landed on my table :D
The main thing is getting rid of the wood.  I'd also try and convert some wheels similar to the big hellcannon ones.

Grimstonefire
- The wheels on the back of it, is also too Empire-ish - I need to do some GC/filling work on those as well :)
Or maybe use some of the wheels from the Hellcannon, after all I got 2 of those for conversion parts :D
You would have a lot of filing to do to make that a CD tank.

wallacer
- I know, but I'll where it takes me - with this one. If it blows up, I can always use it as terrian for the battleground ;)

Sargoth The Enslaver:

A new Empire Steam Tank???:oSweet I gotta get me one of them!

And as for the idea,I must say thats it’s a good one,but if not done right it could all go horabley wrong!

Kera foehunter:

the tank is real cool but not as cool as your new avatar Merchant!!