[Archive] Chaos Dwarf "Themes"

tommy125347:

As i am makeing proboly another completly seperate CD army i need to think of a theme… Im not the biggest fan of the big hats… The mask idea is cool but i have done that with my mongolian Cd’s … What do people think of a ww2ish theme to them… Have the standard troops have the trench coats and helmets… and have the heroes with the army hat… I’d love to hear some more ideas!

aesineir:

gas masks maybe? https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/10681 abit like these.

Firehammer:

Interesting theme for 40k, but how do WW2 miniatures fit into a fantasy setting?
Perhaps browse other fantasy settings for evil dwarves to get some inspiration, e.g.
D&D Forgotten Realms Duergar Duergar | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Fandom
or World of Warcraft Dark Iron Dwarfs (far right, also see my avatar):

tommy125347:

Well… I didn’t Literally mean ww2… i meant more of the uniforms and mabe spiked helmets and the such… Proboly mixed with a steam punkish enviroment… (That way i dont have to make another juggernaught or daemoneater :P)

Firehammer:

Trenches and spiked helmets are WW1 Germany. I wouldn’t recommend doing a WW2 German themed army due to people having understandable problems with that topic. On the other hand, spikes in a Chaos army are not unusual :wink:

Some old models even have spiked helmets:

http://www.solegends.com/citcat88/0312dwfsets.htm

Baggronor:

I wouldn't recommend doing a WW2 German themed army due to people having understandable problems with that topic.
WW2 games are very popular though, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Death Korps of Krieg are pretty much WW2 Germans (admittedly they aren't sold in Germany :)) and a lot of the 40k Imperial Guard stuff like Commisars, Conscripts, etc is based on WW2 Russia (just as bad, or worse, than Nazi Germany was). I think its use of iconography you would have to be careful with; having said which, GWs Eagle icon is hardly PC (again, not used in Germany :)).

WW1 helmets could look quite cool on CDs, I think one of the old bazooka CD models had a spiked helmet.

Kera foehunter:

well thanks for the dwarfs firehammer

i like the colors of the dark dwarfs