[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs 2400pts Competitive

Garnuk:

Greetings.

I am a long time Warhammer player. But since the release of 8th edition I have had major problems to enjoy Warhammer
as I did before. Had a hard time to stick with an army. Then a friend of mine said “You should have an army that you don’t
want to sell. You like Chaos, and you like Dwarfs. Why not Chaos Dwarfs?” I have never considered them before. Not once
in the 14 years I have been into this hobby. But I picked up Thamurkhan and started to read about the Chaos Dwarfs. And I
fell in love with them right away. I started to feel excited again, and the Forgeworld models, wow. Since they are quite pricy
I wont be able to mass purchase as I usually do. I have spent this week looking at what I want to buy and tried to make an
competative list. Not the Warmachine defensive spam. I like the slave/master relationship between the Hobgoblins and the
Chaos Dwarfs. So I wanted to include some Hobgoblin chaff. And I was thinking about Lore of Death on one of the casters,
but I dont know what lores I should use. Because I have never seen a Chaos Dwarf army in action. Anyway here is the list.
Please feel free to comment.

Sorcerer-prophet: Level 4 (Hashut), Talisman preservation, Enchanted shield, Chalice of blood and darkness.

Infernal castellan: BSB, Mask of the furnace, Ironcurse icon, Shield, Luckstone.

Daemonsmith: Level 1 (Fire), Shield of Ptolos, Dispel scroll.

Hobgoblin Khan: Wolf, Spear, Light armour, Charmed shield.

Hobgoblin Khan: Wolf, Spear, Light armour.

28 Infernal Guard: Handweapons, Shield, Full command (Lichebone pennant).

20 Hobgoblins: Bows, Standard, Musician.

20 Hobgoblins: Bows, Standard, Musician.

6 K’daai fireborn.

Magma cannon.

Magma cannon.

K’daai destroyer.

Garnuk:

100 reads and no replies. That bad?

BABIS:

hello :wink:

not a bad list. I would find some points for great weapons to the IG (deploy them as a horde and they will destroy a lot of things)

and I would remove the fireborns ( the burning bright test is a PITA for them) for a Hellcannon.

I personally prefer the rockets instead of the magmas and the lore of Death but depends also on your game play :slight_smile:

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I think your list looks pretty solid and you should do well with it. I would switch the scroll with the chalice - the wizard hiding in the back seems to be in less danger and lasts longer than my Sorcerer-Prophet who’s always on the front lines.

K’daii Fireborn do lose the occasional model from Toughness tests but usually they are solid. And I’ve had them out-grind Dwarves. I love them!

nilbog:

Pretty much the exact same list i’m taking to a tournament on saturday. I’ll post up how I get on and give you some feedback.

Ironborn:

I like this list. Personally after playing with Hobgoblins i’m on the fence about including them in anything but a horde. They are too weak, it’s like playing with night goblins or clan rats. I’d put those two units together so you can get the additional rank to fight in. Otherwise pretty solid.

BABIS:

I like this list. Personally after playing with Hobgoblins i'm on the fence about including them in anything but a horde.  They are too weak, it's like playing with night goblins or clan rats.  I'd put those two units together so you can get the additional rank to fight in.  Otherwise pretty solid.

Ironborn
so a 10x4 hobgobbos unit? sounds nice ;)
but I think that Garnuk plays 2 units 10x2 in order to shoot with the bows..