[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs ARE mentioned in the new Dwarf book

Skink:

Took me a while to find it, I had to scour the whole book more than once, it is not direct, BUT we ARE mentioned in Warhammer: Dwarfs.

You can find a little paragraph in the section where the Dwarf Kingdoms are described, translating from Italian it sounds more or less like this:

“Of the clans that settled ages ago in Zorn Uzkul, deemed lost forever, is never openly spoken. Even mentioning them slightly can transform a joyful conversation in an ominous silence”.

I like the fact that Dwarfs don´t talk openly of us, and that we are totally erased from their storyline. Fits the fluff perfectly!!! And we are still part of the background :D!

Admiral:

Good finding, and I agree. This is material for the Wiki.

Billy Ocean:

Yeh, I was really excited to see this too! In the English language version, it reads:

“Of the dwarfs that long ago settled in the Zorn Uzkul, and were once thought lost, nothing is said - their mention swiftly turns even ale-induced talk to brooding silence”.

I love it, you can imagine some beardling asking about it in the pub, and all the longbeards spitting out their beer and start grumbling.

Thommy H:

Yeah, there’s like two brief mentions. I found them when I got the book but didn’t really think it was worth bringing up…

Admiral:

Yeah, there's like two brief mentions. I found them when I got the book but didn't really think it was worth bringing up...

Thommy H
Well, it does sound like old material rehashed, but for an army which was out in the cold for so long it could be good for the community if every little mention of Chaos Dwarfs elsewhere is brought up.

Like you did with Hashut Copper (decidedly easier to use than its predescendant Dwarf Bronze, too!). :hat off

Fuggit Khan:

I love it, you can imagine some beardling asking about it in the pub, and all the longbeards spitting out their beer and start grumbling.

Billy Ocean
LOL...yes, I can totally imagine that ;P

Roark:

I dig it. It has an appropriate level of dread and mystery.

I can imagine some young gamer flicking through the army book in the FLGS asking aloud “what happened to them I wonder?”. The ancient grognard in a dark corner of the room slowly stirs from inaction and produces a battered tome from 1994 from the folds of his moth-eaten hoodie, his voice cracking: “let me tell you of betrayal, Hashut and hats”.

Skink:

Billy Ocean

Fuggit Khan
Hell yeah! Or, an ambassador from the Empire asking a Dwarf King "We had reports of strange creatures akin to Dwarfs, but with ringleted beards. They supposedly come from the East, y'know anything 'bout em?"
Suddenly the whole hall drops silent, everyone looks in disbelief at the manling while Gotrek in a corner begins honing his axe :D

Thommy, which other mention have you found?

Thommy H:

There’s a bit about how if the Dwarfs who were lost in Zorn Uzkul are ever mentioned, they fall silent and murmur into their beer or something.

Sticklander:

I dig it. It has an appropriate level of dread and mystery.

I can imagine some young gamer flicking through the army book in the FLGS asking aloud "what happened to them I wonder?". The ancient grognard in a dark corner of the room slowly stirs from inaction and produces a battered tome from 1994 from the folds of his moth-eaten hoodie, his voice cracking: "let me tell you of betrayal, Hashut and hats".

Roark
Ahaha, that's a great introduction for a cross over story of the downfall of the Dawi Zharr in the Warhammer world, and the discontinuing of the Chaos Dwarfs in the real world.

Yodrin:

Billy Ocean

Fuggit Khan
ROFL

Bloodbeard:

Good humor guys.

Great that it’s mentioned - that we’re not mentioned. That is a definate improvement by GW.

Admiral:

True. GW’s background writing of armybooks have improved, or am I under the wrong impression?

Billy Ocean:

The background section of the Dwarf book is the best I have seen in a long while - i literally just sat and read the whole thing, which I hardly ever do. Of the other 8th Ed books I own, Empire has good background, HE is good but a bit too much like a history lesson, and WoC is pretty terrible - completely over the top in the murdering/rampaging/bathing-in-blood northmen stuff, and little of the more interesting psychological stuff about how denizens of the empire become seduced and overwhelmed by chaos.