[Archive] chaos dwarfs beards(1)

Kera foehunter:

i notices the first old cd had dwarf like beards

when did they start using the curly one

and is there a reason the went with a curly beard ?

besides they are so cool :idea

Obsidian:

It’s the switch between the old editions and when they got their own armybook/new fluff.

The reason? probably to get them their own distinct look.

Willmark:

The Assyrian curley bearded look started with 4th, prior to that the looked like mini chaos warriors.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I like the Assyrian look of the CD’s.

Kera foehunter:

well i think it a good look to .so is there a reason why there diffrent tall hats Also

due to the diffrent addiction

snowblizz:

well i think it a good look to .so is there a reason why there diffrent tall hats Also
due to the diffrent addiction

Kera foehunter
For a little bit of variation?

I don't know if there's a meaning to the styles of hats (other than the gun crews who have shell-like hats), but I guess they wanted some variation. Fashion changes quickly or something. I mean they would look absolutely silly just using one kind of Big Hat (besides like they'd be caught dead wearing the same hat as that other guy).

Thommy H:

“[Chaos Dwarfs] wear extremely tall helmets which are as much a symbol of status as they are for protection. Depending on his expertise a Chaos Dwarf’s helmet can be a distinctive shape or may be decorated in a specific way. The most important Chaos Dwarfs wear especially large and elaborate helmets.”

- Page 47, [[White Dwarf Presents: Chaos Dwarfs]]

Willmark:

Or they need to have a backup stove pipe handy in case the primary one breaks down! :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

so is there a reason that the tied thing in there beard too!!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Make them look like Blackbeard the Pirate.

Kera foehunter:

now that is SOOOOOOO HOT !!!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Wow! Kera thinks I’m hot! :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

• kera declaimer*

I think all cd are hot !! the problem is that you all look the same !!!

Beside a few like sojourn and me

Willmark:

I’m liking the pirate food pyramid, now that is a dietary plan I can get behind.

Kera foehunter:

well you could change it to fit cd too !!!im glade you enjoyed it

two_heads_talking:

so is there a reason that the tied thing in there beard too!!

Kera foehunter
A few reasons actually.

First beard ornamentation shows status in a tribe or family. It can be as simple as to when  you were born.. first born, second born, etc.. or more elaborate to political position.

Second it shows wealth. the more charms and the more expensive charms one has, the more wealthy they are. In a pinch one can use the charms as barter..

third, in battle this keeps the beard from getting in the way, and with the weights can be used against a foe to annoy them. they could also be used as weapons..

fourth, the longer the beard, the more stuff in it etc, notate the age of a dwarf. the older dwarves are more revered, thus the name of longbeards and shortbeards and the common nicknames of insult of nobeard, beardless and smoothskin.. all because of a beard.

Kera foehunter:

Damn!! i wish i had a beard now !! i guess i have to where stuff in my hair

thanks 2 heads

two_heads_talking:

Damn!! i wish i had a beard now !! i guess i have to where stuff in my hair
thanks 2 heads

Kera foehunter
hey, if you weave beads into your braids, it works great.. When I had longer hair I used to do it.. My hair is way to short to braid anything into. Even the Bahamians and Rastas have a hard time putting corn rows in my hair, it's so short.

Kera foehunter:

omg i love to see this !!!a guy with bead in his hair!!

lol it musta been in the 80s

let it grow !!!all the great one in history had long hair!!!

Slavelord:

yea, that why I’m so great at everything :slight_smile: