[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs ETC Lists

Rakkzul:

I’ll post this here as someone will find it useful :stuck_out_tongue:

Chaos Dwarfs (Infernal Dwarfs in 9th age) lists on the ETC, the biggest european tournament, trends and personal opinion:

Lists:

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?attachment/9795-etc-id-lists-pdf-pdf/

Trends and opinions:

[align=center]LORDS & HEROES[/align]

Overlord: 4/11 lists run it, one of them with 2 Overlords as General and BSB, another 2 of them with a Overlord on Great Bull of Shamut as General

Prophet: 1/11 lists run it, as Lv 4 General with the Book of Arcane Power

Magus: Here we see the most variance in the builds, on feet or mounted on a Lamassu, this character is on almost all the lists, 10/11, I’ll go a bit deeper with this one:

5/11 run it on Temple Lamassu, 3 Lamassus having the Fire Path and 2 having the Death Path

7/11 run one (at least) as a support Fire mage

3/11 run one as General

Vizier: 9/11 lists run it, always as BSB, and one list run it riding a bull of Shamut also

Taurukh Subjugator: Only 1/11 lists run it, being the Taurukh the BSB, that list also run a unit of 5 Anointed

Hobgoblin Chieftain: 5/11 lists run it, always on wolf, and most of them not spending a single point on gearing it up (So I guess its only purpose is redirecting)

[align=center]CORE[/align]

Infernal Warriors: 6/11 lists run them

1/11 with 13 strong unit, FCG and shields

1/11 with 15 strong unit, FCG, Banner of Speed and Blunderbuss

1/11 run 3 units of 10, one of them with musician, all 3 with standard

1/11 run 29 strong unit, FCG, Banner of Speed and Blunderbuss

1/11 run 39 strong unit, FCG, Banner of Nezibkesh and GW

1/11 run 10 strong unit, Musician + Standard, Banner of Discipline

Citadel Guard: 8/11 lists run them, we see the most common build is FCG, Flintlock Axe and Banner of Nezibkesh, in variable numbers

1/11 run 28 strong unit, FCG, Banner of Speed and Flintlock Axe

2/11 run a 30 strong unit, FCG and Banner of Nezibkesh, and another 10 strong with Standard + Musician (one of the lists include a Flintlock Axe on this unit)

1/11 run 29 strong unit,FCG, Banner of Nezibkesh and Flintlock Axe

1/11 run 23 strong unit, FCG, Banner of Nezibkesh and Shield, plus 2x10, Standard + Musician and Flintlock Axe

1/11 run 25 strong unit, Standard + Musician and Flintlock Axe

1/11 run 24 strong unit,FCG, Banner of Nezibkesh and Flintlock Axe

Hobgoblins: 7/11 lists run them, here we see the most common setup is a variable number of 20 strong units, with standard + musician and replacing the shield with a bow

1/11 run 20 strong unit, with only a Standard

1/11 run 3x20 units, with a Standard on all of them, and replacing shields with bows

1/11 run 3x20 units, with a Standard + Musician on all of them, and replacing shields with bows

1/11 run 20 strong unit, with only a Standard, and replacing shields with bows

1/11 run 3x37 units, with a Standard + Musician on all of them, and replacing shields with bows, also run a 20 strong unit with musician and replacing shields with bows

1/11 run 2x20 units, with a Standard + Musician on all of them

1/11 run 2x20 units, with a Standard + Musician on all of them, and replacing shields with bows

Orc Slaves: Only 1/11 lists run them, as 3x20 with paired weapons

[align=center]SPECIAL[/align]

Immortals: 0/11, missing in action

Disciples of Lugar: 2/11 lists run them

1/11 as 2x19 strong units with Champion + Musician and GW

1/11 as 3x24 strong units, one of those units with GW

Kadim Incarnates: 7/11 lists run them, here we see a trend on running them with Flying (all 7 lists had this upgrade), and 3 strong units with champions

2/11 as 2x3 strong units, with Fly

1/11 as 2x3 strong units, with Fly and Champion, and a second 3 strong unit, with Fly

1/11 as 2x5 strong units, with Fly and Champion

1/11 as 3 strong unit, with Fly and Champion

1/11 as 4 strong unit, with Fly and Champion, a second 3 strong unit, with Fly and Champion, and a third 3 strong unit with Fly

1/11 as 7 strong unit, with Fly

Taurukh: 0/11, they’re having fun with the Immortals

Taurukh Anointed: 2/11 lists run them

1/11 as 5 strong unit, with FCG, Light Lance and Shields

1/11 as 5 strong unit, with Musician + Standard, Flaming Standard, Light Lance and Shields

Infernal Artillery: 7/11 lists run them, seems like the most used upgrade is the Rocket Battery, also 4/7 lists run with a Bound Demon, on Volcano Cannon or Rocket Battery

1/11 run a gunline approach with 3 Infernal Artillery, a Rocket Battery and 2 Titan Mortars, both with Ogre slave and one with Earthquake Shells

2/11 with 2 Rocket Batteries

1/11 with a Titan Mortar with Earthquake Shells and a Volcano Cannon with a Bound Demon

1/11 with a Rocket Battery and a Volcano Cannon with a Bound Demon

2/11 with 2 Rocket Batteries, one of them with a Bound Demon

[align=center]RARE[/align]

Hobgoblin Wolf Riders: 4/11 lists run them, here we see some variations, the common point is keeping them to minimum unit size

1/11 as 2x5 strong units, with Light Lance, Light Armour and Shields

1/11 as 5 strong unit, with Shields

1/11 as 5 strong unit, without any gear

1/11 as 2x5 strong units, with Musician and Shields

Light Artillery: 2/11 lists run it, one of the players (The one with the Gunnery team) already said he would change it so he can include a Hobgoblin unit with bows

1/11 as Gunnery team with Volley Fire

1/11 as 2xHobgoblin Bolt Thrower

Infernal Engine: 3/11 lists run it

1/11 with Steam Hammers

2/11 with Shrapnel Guns

Kadim Titan: 8/11 lists run it, nothing much to say about it

Armoured Giant: Who? 0/11 lists run it

Have fun! :hat off

Original post: http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?thread/14534-etc-id-lists/&pageNo=1

My analysis: http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?thread/14534-etc-id-lists/&postID=355820#post355820

TheHoodedMan:

Hi there,
I browsed through the lists already some days ago, thank you for posting them.
I think here are some points to mention:
First of all the ETC meta is not a normal tournament meta but there are more games and big teams (8 strong I think). Some (not only ID lists) of the lists are especially made not too lose and make controlled wins like 13:7 or so. This has big influence on the lists.
Details:
Incarnates all flying doesnt surprise me as the upgrade doesnt cost anything. This is a very good unit with much damage output. This is for me also the reason for less appearance of other special choices.
The immortals have not much love from most people (take a look at T9A forum if you like), but this is not fair as they are a very solid unit with some qualities. But you see less disciples, too. People slowly realize that you get them into the right combats rarely, for this the Incarnates are much better.
Light Artillery, especially the Gunnery team, is not effective. Bolt Thrower is better but not fully reliable and therefore in the special meta rarely taken.
Nice to see so much Overlords and Chars on flying monsters. It is a pity that in general nearly no master sorcerers show up on the table. I think this will be an aspect the next T9A update will consider.

Malorndk:

Always a fun read! Thx

TheHoodedMan:

A further very interesting fact is, that Infernal Dwarves are played 11 times. That is rather good I think, or at least not bad. How may teams are at the ETC?

Rakkzul:

A further very interesting fact is, that Infernal Dwarves are played 11 times. That is rather good I think, or at least not bad. How may teams are at the ETC?

TheHoodedMan
There are 24 teams in total, 8 members each, and as you said, it's a team tournament comp, where you don't even need to win 20-0, so sometimes the lists are refined to seek draws against the opponents aggresive lists

I crawl the 9th age forum pretty often, and I agree with them on the dislike of the current Immortals, IMO they aren't worth their points ATM (Mid level player opinion, maybe wrong)

Quick edit: Also, I think this ETC is the one with the most number of CD lists yay! 11/24 is almost 50%! (45,83% actually :P )

:hat off

TheHoodedMan:

TheHoodedMan
There are 24 teams in total, 8 members each, and as you said, it's a team tournament comp, where you don't even need to win 20-0, so sometimes the lists are refined to seek draws against the opponents aggresive lists

I crawl the 9th age forum pretty often, and I agree with them on the dislike of the current Immortals, IMO they aren't worth their points ATM (Mid level player opinion, maybe wrong)

:hat off

Rakkzul
I like the Immortals but don`t play them every time, too. But wether better nor worse players than me play them - but I think most of them didn`t even try. But that is a topic for itself. They are definitely better playable than gunnery teams ;).

Ok 11 of 24, that is probably under average of the factions.
Thank you.

edit: I think 16 available factions means at 8 players per team that average appearance would be on 50% of the teams (12).

Zanthrax:

Hello brothers

Does anyone know the reason why there are no infernal engines? I had my first game and I must say I found it to be realiable and caused my opponent to focus most of his efforts against it. Equipped with steam hammers meant grinding was fun.

Looking forward to any info or views people may have on our beloved train.