[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs forgotten in the End Times?

Odatria:

I do hope that I am wrong, but so far I’m half way through the fluff book in Nagash, and have read the rules for Nagash and Glottkin updates, and was surprised not to see even a single mention of the chaos dwarfs. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t expecting a lot, but when the Nagash book opened with a page on each races goings on in the world I was disappointed when I flipped the last page like that and didn’t see chaos dwarfs on the next. I even checked my pages weren’t stuck together. Now we have the Legions of Chaos rules, and although I wasn’t expecting it this time, no chaos dwarfs here either. I really hope they’ve not forgotten us again and that we feature later on.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I live in a different part of the world so I have no idea what GW legally can and cannot do with regards to Chaos Dwarfs being owned by a separate subsidiary company. But either there are legal loopholes to jump through which GW has no interest in pursuing or they have apathy/hatred towards Chaos Dwarfs. Either way, until Forge World sells GW the rights to their product, expect zero product support in GW products.

Bloodbeard:

Theres a CD reference in Glotkin p. 120.

The Craterblades

Each regiment in Talabhiem had its own banner and traditions, but the bulk of them were referred to collectively as Craterbaldes. During their proud history they have saved Talabhiem from a Waaagh!, giant vermin, and the magma beasts of the Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer Korakagrakk

Wolf :

I believe its even more simple than the suspected legal loop holes for GW to jump through.

It’s a public listed company, which I’m sure has a bonus scheme in place, so why would they share thier potential KPI’s which increases their personnel gain for an other division.

This is just internal politics at play.  

Which is very sad.

ashur:

I still hope we will ear from them in one of the other books. Do we know what comes next? I don’t think they will feature heavily in an elf book.

Wolf :

The rumour mill it stating the third book in the series will be entitled Khaine and will be heavy HE & DE focused, with a bloody fight against�?��?��?��?�. Khorn, who are trying to stop them drawing the sword of Khaine (I see a new super kit possibly simllair to the Eldar Khaine model, and lots of Dragons).

However, I have read consistent rumours book 3 will include a Skaven section, cleaning some of the rules, but I believe this to be wishful thinking.  If anything it will be a special character like the other 2 books.

Spoiler Alert - Nagash/ Glottkin book:

Chaos Dwarfs, no real mention in the Nagash book, apart from a vague reference to the dark lands and the sky is filled with green light etc.  The Glottkin book makes reference but only in past tense.

Reading the fluff so far, for Skaven it could only be a Vermin Lord model, as the Nagash book details his return in a Skaven council meeting.

Either way very exciting times for Warhammer!!!  

Now my own person view which has no basis nor rumour substantiation and is more like wishful thinking as follows:

End of Times IV �?" HASHUT.

Malorndk:

To be fair. Ogres has only been mentioned on 2 pages out of the now 430 pages fluff, so it’s not like we are entitled to anything.

Wolf :

To be fair. Ogres has only been mentioned on 2 pages out of the now 430 pages fluff, so it's not like we are entitled to anything.

Malorndk
I wonder if the sky's burning in green light in the Dark Lands is a Skaven invasion of the Chaos Dwarfs & Ogres.

Now that would be awesome!!!!

hypnotix:

Third book is suppose to be Skaven. After that should be elves as the last book.

Wolf :

Third book is suppose to be Skaven.  After that should be elves as the last book.

hypnotix
Let's hope so!!! as there rules need allot of cleaning up.

Bitterman:

I live in a different part of the world so I have no idea what GW legally can and cannot do with regards to Chaos Dwarfs being owned by a separate subsidiary company.  But either there are legal loopholes to jump through which GW has no interest in pursuing or they have apathy/hatred towards Chaos Dwarfs.  Either way, until Forge World sells GW the rights to their product, expect zero product support in GW products.

Grimbold Blackhammer
FW is not a "separate subsidiary company". It's just another division, within the same company (with the same access to the "rights" to anything the whole company owns). If they wanted to, they could rebrand FW as part of the main GW studio tomorrow, without a single legal barrier standing in their way.

They just don't want to. And they clearly don't want to do anything with Chaos Dwarfs.

tenebre:

I would think the most mentions for CD would be in the Skaven book. But i mean honestly all the non chaos baddies tend to get negltected in most fluff. Even skaven only have a couple novels about them. And they are always portrayed as being evil instead of the heroes that they are :wink:

To portray the glorious CD as the righteous rulers of the land and saviors of the true race is just beyond their writing ability… because they all worship false chaos gods

Admiral:

Chaos Dwarfs are not forgotten. They are given a very befitting fall of their malevolent empire, yet our evil stunties have always been minor players in Warhammer, so it wasn’t much of a mention we received.

This has been compensated for in the latest Scribe’s Contest, by our own members. Read on here for some great interpretations of Chaos Dwarfs in the End Times.

Taken together, and viewed through the fickle lenses of Chaos where contradictions need not contradict each other, they present a wide and thrilling vision of the fate of the infamous Blacksmiths of Chaos.

Well done, folks!