[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs in DO (Mod)

Lord Archaon:

I found this awesome mod for the Dark Omen. It isn’t ready yet but there are pics of a CD army. :cheers

http://forum.dark-omen.org/sprites/the-14-armies-modification-t461.15.html

Chaos Dwarf Army

Battle between Bull Centaurs and Dark Elf Black Guards

Hope it will be ready soon.

GRNDL:

Dark Omen is a Warhammer PC video game from the mid-late 90’s, essentially the follow up to Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat (which sucked). I’m surprised people would be modding for it, rather than Warhammer Mark of Chaos which came out about 2 years ago.

tjub:

Dark Omen is a Warhammer PC video game from the mid-late 90's, essentially the follow up to Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat (which sucked). I'm surprised people would be modding for it, rather than Warhammer Mark of Chaos which came out about 2 years ago.

GRNDL
This brings back memories! I remember playing both of them... Agree that it sounds a bit odd since the are both 10+ years old. But if there were a mod for it Id probably force my flatmate to download it and try it out again... :)

Grimstonefire:

Awesome, I will have to download this!

Dark omen was/ is a great game I think.  Not as flashy as mark of chaos, but it still has its own charm.

I wonder if they’ve redone the voices?

GRNDL:

@Tjub

I suppose there are reasons as to why Dark Omen was used - it just might have a more open data structure than Mark of Chaos. I really don’t know myself. I haven’t done any mods since the Quake 2 days, that is, since modding became too much like my day job.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Dark Omen is a Warhammer PC video game from the mid-late 90's, essentially the follow up to Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat (which sucked).

Grndl
Did you, or anyone else finish Shadow of the Horned Rat?

I have it, but couldn't get into the Dwarf Fortress gates without loosing everyone.

Anyone find and CD's in that game?

Lord Archaon:

DO is more strategic game then Mark of Chaos, and it uses sprites instead of real 3d models for units. And sprites are far more easier to make then 3d models. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I remember when i downloaded the demo version of Mark of Chaos and played it a couple of hours, then i uninstalled it and installed DO to try to complete it once again. :slight_smile: (though i never passed the Assault on the von Carstein Citadel level :hat And it was even worse in the SotHR. I never passed the level when Black Orcs hold hostages) :wink:

GRNDL:

Did you, or anyone else finish Shadow of the Horned Rat?
I have it, but couldn't get into the Dwarf Fortress gates without loosing everyone.

Tarrakk Blackhand
No, I didn't finish it. I got about 3-4 missions in and then got repetitive bugs, so my game experience was cut brutally short. And I skipped DO altogether. I did watch a friend play through it though and hear the manifold curses at the Hand of Nagash. :)

Mark of Chaos didn't grab me, but I put about 5-6 hours into it. Who knows? I might go back. I sometimes do.

Grimstonefire:

Bit of a delay (it came out in april I think), but it seems they have finished it:

Release v1.2 out: Rebalance and community wishes

Malorn:

I finished Dark Omen back in the days on computter, and resently on Playstation. The best part is killing Nagash with a steamtank. Touch him = autokill :stuck_out_tongue:

The last level is insanely hard though