[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs (LoA) vs Skaven

Nicodemus:

Post your tactics and advice here.

TheHoodedMan:

I am so free to copy my 8th Edition post into this thread:

As treason is part of the skaven race as a former skaven general I feel not reluctant at all :slight_smile: to tell my view at this topic:

How described above the skaven can put a great variety of troops to the battlefield. Almost always there will be a abomination, gutter runners and a great block of stormvermin. Very often there will be a warp lightning cannon. warlocks and a great seer are the main choice at casters and sometimes there will be a warlord and assassins.

Defensively as again desribed above you definitely need good magic protection. skaven magic is nasty and maybe you want as addition to the scroll a scepter of stability because skaven can boost their pool with warpstone. Be careful to deny the right spells. Most time it is better to let go a warp lightning (bite on your teeth and take it a like a dwarf) than one of the other spells.

Especially frenzied stormvermin or the curse of the horned one must be denied.

Be sure to give one of the units flamed attacks against the abomination.

At the beginning stay as wide as necessary and compact enough to prevent gutter runners near your deployment area which will otherwise attack your war machines with poison. Bows or rifles may be a good idea to kill them or also giant rats.

Offensively you have to be patient. Flying creatures (if you play a taurus) and war machines will possibly be delayed by the storm banner. Keep your troops together and concentrate your big fire on ONE important unit until size is at least halved. The skaven general will smile within if you fire too much at worthless slaves while his main regiment stays untouched.

Your “small” range weapons care in the meantime for gutter runners, giant rats and if these are killed, slaves.

If you field fast units of hobgoblinriders you can threaten the cannon from the side.

In close combat try to keep your main regiment and other mighty units in one close combat and destroy the skaven units one ofter the other. Keep in mind that furnace and bell make their skaven regiment unbreakable. In close combat you have to destroy this devices first, so if you know you cannot do this: Don`t attack this regiment.

There are plenty other things to write. But thats enough for the moment :-).

Many but not all roads lead to rome, so thats only my personal view of the things.

Bloodbeard:

I am so free to copy my 8th Edition post into this thread:

TheHoodedMan
Thanks for it. It was your advice, that got me to ask for a new section. No need in good new stuff being mish mashed with good old stuff.

Be careful when bringing the big boy k'daii destroyer in games like this. The warp lightning cannon will bring it down awefull fast. Against skaven I would think twice about bringing him at all.

TheHoodedMan:

At all circumstances if you bring a K`daii or fireborn keep them away from the wheel. Three high powered strokes with d6 damage (magical) can bring down everything.

Against the wheel best put a big infantery block (great weapons or fireglaives have a good chance to destroy it in close combat relatively fast) or try to break it with combat resolution.