[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs & Marauders vs Dwarfs & Wood Elves (3rd edition)

AtomTaylor:

Chaos Dwarfs & Marauders vs Dwarfs & Wood Elves (3rd edition)

table set up start by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Had a pretty large 3rd edition Battle last Saturday. The venue was War Boar in Bromley, just outside London.

I brought a large chunk of my Chaos Dwarf Army (1500 points)
Chris brought a large Chaos Marauder Warband of about 1000 points.
Streety brought his Dwarfs and also commanded a large band of Wood Elves. About 2500 all in.

table set up by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Near an abandoned hamlet in the foothills of the world’s edge mountains a dwarf contingent and its baggage gets into direct conflict with a party of wood elves over stones “stolen” from a sacred grove. While the elders of both groups argue with weapons drawn inside the dwarf laager a chaos force of beastmen, thugs, chaos dwarfs, boar centaurs and marauder horsemen attack.
The main body of the dwarfs is nearby and the woods on the edge of the battlefield clearing are teeming with wood elves. Either could or may not show up to save the day. The prize is 2 wagons and 2 pack mules laden with loot.
The loser buys the drinks in Wetherspoons (it is Bromley).

Redirecting...

Facebook Groups

Chaos Battle 29 by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Chaos Battle 25 by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Chaos Battle 16 by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Chaos Battle 15 by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Chaos Battle 14 by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Chaos Battle 13 by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Chaos Battle 12 by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Chaos Battle 10 by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Chaos Battle 9 by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Chaos Battle 8 by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Chaos Battle 7 by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Chaos Battle 6 by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Chaos Battle 5 by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Chaos Battle 4 by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Chaos Battle 3 by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Chaos Battle 17 by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Chaos Battle 18 by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Chaos Battle 19 by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Chaos Battle 22 by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Chaos Battle 26 by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Chris’s home sculpted Treeman caused mayhem in the Marauder ranks. It took a combined charge from the surviving mounted Marauders using their lances and multiple crossbow barrages from my two Chaos Dwarf Crossbow units to finally bring him down.

Chaos Battle 27 by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Chaos Battle 28 by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Streety’s lvl 15 Dwarf Boss Arthur Pantdragon took a lot of effort and time to finally bring down. His head shall now adorn my Army banner.

The battle was still practically undecided after about five hours of play, so we agreed on a draw.

The Whirlwinds and Boar Centaurs really assisted in keeping the Dwarfs from deploying. They wiped out three smaller units, before crashing in the main body of Dwarfs.

Admiral:

Beautiful battle shots, thanks for sharing! Great armies and paintjobs on both sides, nice terrain and very good situation to start the scenario with. Good narrative start, as well as showing from your heavy hitters! Go boars.

AtomTaylor:

Thanks Matte, it was a great ol’ scrap. Hadn’t played a game in two months, really got my fix. :wink:

Abecedar:

Good for you’s all. Well done

AtomTaylor:

Thanks Abecedar, need to get more Hobgoblin Units painted. That’s priority at the moment. (And more games in)

tjub:

Really impressive battle! Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

AtomTaylor:

Thanks Tjub.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.