[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs not allowed?!?

Uzkul Werit:

I wouldn’t mind us lumped in with the Chaos Hordes as long as the army is still fairly unique. And I wouldn’t want a normal Chaos army to get hold of blunderbusses.

Tallhat:

Problem is that we dont really have much in common with the HoC. Plus, traditionally those belonging to the HoC worship one of the 4 Chaos Gods or Chaos Undivided and we don nothing like it.

- Tallhat

metro_gnome:

a 12" range weapon is not gonna break chaos… 8" thrown weapons never did…
besides i hear the flamer attacks are going up to 18" range anyway…

mortals in the chaos books seldom worship the big 4 directly…
they worship a type of daemon belonging to one or the other…
so too could it be with Chaos dwarfs… but CDs without marks seem fine…
its not a matter of worship… its a matter of who you fight alongside…
greenskins, chaos or ogres… none of them are chaos dwarfs anyway…

cornixt:

If Daemons get their own book then it might go back to be able to make you own daemons for your own god. Last edition focused so much on the big four and ignored all other possible gods

Tallhat:

Its been like that for a very long time. The Great 4 are the only Chaos Gods worth mentioning in GWs eyes. And TBH it would be a bit confusing if there were 20 minor gods to choose from as well.

- Tallhat

grunts:

WOOHOO! Good news all! After constant questioning by several people over the last three days, they have decided to allow my chaos dwarfs in!! They actually had no idea that the CD’s even had a list in Ravening Hordes. But they repeated to me seven, yes seven, times that I had to bring in the printed army list and that I had better not be making it up. That was almost enough to make me want to take 2 earthshakers in a 200point battle…but I wont, because I don’t like to be hit. :slight_smile:

Canix:

Good luck in the competition may Hashut guide your dice and if you play a balanced list and they complain give them some sweets:)

zagor66:

Let Hashut crush your enemies!!

grunts:

I certainly hope Hashut guides my dice, but just to be on the safe side I’ll post my army for the review and sage advice of the much wiser Slavelords.:hat

zagor66:

But still go with Hashut.

AGPO:

Make sure you showcase the best of the chaos dwarfs. A balanced list which still shows off the hardness but also the character of the army will win more friends and converts than a 2 earthshaker beardfest any day. Especially important if you want to use them at tournaments again

Tallhat:

My God… Complaining actually DOES help??? :slight_smile: Good luck mate.

- Tallhat

Skellan:

Yeah!

Servius:

WOOHOO! Good news all! After constant questioning by several people over the last three days, they have decided to allow my chaos dwarfs in!! They actually had no idea that the CD's even had a list in Ravening Hordes. But they repeated to me seven, yes seven, times that I had to bring in the printed army list and that I had better not be making it up. That was almost enough to make me want to take 2 earthshakers in a 200point battle....but I wont, because I don't like to be hit. :)

grunts
give them this link CD List on GW

Willmark:

Remember the key weakness (in my mind) of CDs. CDs are not relentless so watch out for those flyers and march blockers. Also play to our armies strengths rather then the strengths of your opponent. Also: scare him with a large unit of BCs if possible, they are unlikely to known how crappy they are in this revision. Most likely they will only see OMG big scary cavalry and expend a lot of spells and fire power on them. Meantime you cab get your warriors into battle abd carve up your foe.