[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs Online - Rules and Forum Primer

angryboy2k:

Awesome. Spammers are abusing the calendar function.

Steve

Nagathi:

W00tage? Nagsi has two slaves? Is it possible to see who donated the slaves to you? “Slave History” in the MCP only states those you have donated to, not received slaves.

As for the calendar, add in an IF statement that only shows the link to those logged in. It’s rather easy in phpBB (and the differences should not be that big in MyBB).

~ Nag

Master Vampire:

So… What’s the difference between reputation and slaves? :cheers

Awesome. Spammers are abusing the calendar function.

Steve

angryboy2k
That is what I reckon. Damn, that means Xander possibly has to put ‘add new events’ only for Staff…

And why did I deserve a slave?!!?

torn:

cos reputation is hard to get an slaves arent?

minty:

everyone has at least one i think, haven’t seen anyone with less

Xander:

Reputation is purely for use in The Market Place section. It’s an ebay-like tracking system. So if you want to buy from someone, you send the money, and they don’t send you anything, you can give them negative reputation. Or, you can buy something from me, get exactly what you paid for, and give me a positive reputation.

This is all more clealry explained in the Market Place sticky.

Also, the Calendar abuse has been fixed, apparently the default settings allow unregistered people to post events in the Calendar… go figure. Thanks go out to those who helped us quickly put a stop to this! Ahh, the power of active administration!

cornixt:

I’ll be handing out plenty of slaves for wiki updating, even if it is just to correct spelling mistakes. Anyone who can fill in some more [[Chaos Dwarf Names]] or add to the [[Other Warhammer Armies]] shall receive a small crop.

Thommy H:

I certainly wouldn’t mind contributing to the wiki sometime. What exactly do I have to do to get in on that?

Xander:

Sounds good to me!

Also, look at the [[Grudge Bearer]] page. This is eventually how I want all sources referenced and cited, so we know we have only the best and most accurate information!

Slaves go to people who look up page numbers and correctly cite sources for new or existing pages!

cornixt:

To get in on the wiki: Find a page than needs more info, or correcting, or links - then edit it! Or add a page you think might be needed. The [[Wiki Plans]] page has a few ideas. It is really easy to do. Adding pictures and such is a bit more involving but I don’t think there is much demand for them so much.

Xander:

Spammers? I am not sure I follow you, Nagathi.

The Flying Beaver:

Ahh, if it isn’t my old rival from the Twilight War, Nagathi. Tell me, how’s Brightwood? :stuck_out_tongue:

Dracomancer:

I'll be handing out plenty of slaves for wiki updating, even if it is just to correct spelling mistakes.��Anyone who can fill in some more [[Chaos Dwarf Names]] or add to the [[Other Warhammer Armies]] shall receive a small crop.

cornixt
I don't mind adding to the armies section, any chance of giving Beasts of chaos a seperate section, they are quite a different playing style to mortals and daemons after all :)

Nagathi:

How much is required?

TFB; Since you guys left Lumbria, things are regrowing. You can never truly put out the light of the world! grr

~ Nag

cornixt:

Chaos is one of the more tricky armies since you can have a huge variety of playing styles with pretty much any general. Might be best to have a section for each type within the Chaos Section. Remember that unlike most armies there is a full [[Chaos]] page so you won’t need to cover everything in much detail on the armies page, but you on the [[Chaos]] page.

I seem to have lost the ability to award slaves! You’ll have to wait

The Flying Beaver:

Left Lumbria, eh? This is certainly a new development. As I recall, we had a rather profitable city developing there.

But enough taunting. Welcome to the forum.

EDIT- Thread stickied as it’s useful for the newbies.

Pyro Stick:

I might be able to add to the Tomb Kings section in the Wiki as it is my main army. DO i need to create an account on the Wiki site as well?

Xander:

I don’t think a tomb kings section is really necessary as [wikipedia]Tomb Kings[/wikipedia] is probably covered by the real Wikipedia…

Dracomancer:

Erm, this may sound strange but…are my slaves breeding?

Seriously, a minute ago I had like 3, and now I have 7! :o

Ah well, get to work kids, those models ain’t going to paint themselves! :cheers

The Flying Beaver:

If someone wants to make a page about Tomb Kings, I don’t see the harm.