[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs Rules

Khaosbeardling:

Well met Dawi-Zharr! :hat off  I haven’t taken my Chaos Dwarfs to the field of 8th yet as I’ve been busy painting a Hochland Empire army.  What I was wondering is what rules people tend to accept/go for the most in terms of Chaos Dwarfs: Dwarfs of Chaos Indy list or Ravening Hordes with the FAQ that’s been written?

Cheers!:hat off

Thommy H:

Well, bear in mind that the Indy GT is not yet 8th Edition compliant and, from what I hear, there’s quite a few things that need tweaking in it to make it work. For that reason, and also because I helped write it and therefore it’s awesome, go with Ravening Hordes + the CDO FAQ.

Khaosbeardling:

Well, bear in mind that the Indy GT is not yet 8th Edition compliant and, from what I hear, there's quite a few things that need tweaking in it to make it work. For that reason, and also because I helped write it and therefore it's awesome, go with Ravening Hordes + the CDO FAQ.

Thommy H
OK, thanks Tommy H. I really enjoy the Indy list as it feels a lot more characterful than the RH list, but I'll do as you suggest. Would love to see an FAQ for the Indy list too. :cheers

Thommy H:

You should just wait for the 8th Edition version of my rules. Loads better than any of the alternatives.

Gar Shadowfame:

hochland empire?, why paint slaves?

Lord Fokke:

I used the Indy GT version this weekend and got thoroughly stomped by skaven and to a lesser degree chaos warriors, Ill put up a batrep. The only things in the Indy GT version that really needs anything is the Daemonsmith and the Daemon weapon plus bound item that has a spell that doesnt exist anymore, only one or two of those that i know of(Astrogoths being an example).

The Daemonsmith item is simple. Roll lore of death and get Purple sun and you are casting it on a 5+, see any problem with this like I do? Lol Dont see it as a problem for us as opposed to a problem for letting people accept our list.