[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs spotted on BoLS Wargames Gallery

Nicodemus:

Not too shabby! Nice to see the Dawi Zharr get a look in as opposed to all the usual 40K stuff or the Dark Eldar nonsense of late.

BoLS Wargames Gallery

~N

Da Crusha:

This army has been around for a very long time. there are pics of it in the 2004 games workshop catalog. it even features a super long earthshaker and Bear riders instead of bull centaurs.

edit* just scanned them

tjub:

Oh, I do like these… So awesome!

dncswlf:

Love the hats! awesome!

Bassman:

Oh, I do like these... So awesome!

tjub
Big hats plus Soviets? Tjub's dream! :D

I remmeber them, I saw them a few years ago.
Not my cup of tea but really nice. :)

Nicodemus:

Thanks for the scans Da Crusha, I hadn’t seen these before.

Blue in VT:

a good looking army no doubt…but that many blank red shields…not my cup of tea…I love the theme though!

Blue

Zanko:

Awesome idea and great realization!

Really like the “bearriders”, the hats :o and the thunderers at the frontline!

By the way … from which models are they made? Don’t know the guns!

:hashut

snowblizz:

By the way ... from which models are they made? Don't know the guns!

Zanko
6th ed metal Thunderers.

Da Crusha:

@Nico: no problem. actually your pic was much nicer and after looking through the book I realized the scanned pics are the only pics of the army.

@zanko: It says the bear riders came from dwarf hammerers on wood elf Bears and the Hero is a Bullcentaur top half and is riding a mordheim kislevite Bear.

tjub:

Oh, I do like these... So awesome!

tjub
Big hats plus Soviets? Tjub's dream! :D

Bassman
:hat off

Fequiil:

in sovjet Russia, Chaos dwarfs like YOU!:smiley:

Zanko:

Thanx guys for the info! :hat off

But one more question … the rifles itself (from the thunderers in the frontline) … are they original or modificated?

Alfract:

But one more question ... the rifles itself (from the thunderers in the frontline) ... are they original or modificated?

Zanko
they look original bar the added bayonet.. i have one the models with the same barrel end

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I like those wolf rider guys. Nice use of colour too!

snowblizz:

But one more question ... the rifles itself (from the thunderers in the frontline) ... are they original or modificated?

Zanko
they look original bar the added bayonet.. i have one the models with the same barrel end

Alfract
Exactly. Only difference to stock is the added bayonet.
I assume you are thinking about the dragonhead Zanko? Totally part of the model.

Zanko:

Exactly. Only difference to stock is the added bayonet.
I assume you are thinking about the dragonhead Zanko? Totally part of the model.

snowblizz
Yeah I thought of the dragonhead and the bayonet!

Cannot remember me seeing the dragonheadrifle before!

Great combination -bayonet and dragonhead - I like it! :cheers

dncswlf:

He also added the ammo clip to make them look like the soviet automatic rifles (ak-47?) I have a vanilla dwarf thunderer in that pose… but here is an auction from ebay that shows it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/D5-Warhammer-Dwarf-classic-random-Thunderer-/250580143015?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a57bd8ba7#ht_4187wt_907

apparently gw doesn’t carry metal models at all anymore… wow…

Zanko:

Ah I see!

Thanx for the link! :hat off

snowblizz:

He also added the ammo clip to make them look like the soviet automatic rifles (ak-47?)  I have a vanilla dwarf thunderer in that pose...  

dncswlf
AK-47 yes. I didn't see the ammoclip even! Nice touch.
apparently gw doesn't carry metal models at all anymore...  wow...

dncswlf
Umm... they do. Not those models though. Maybe they'll add them to the collector's range, maybe not.

I have two units of that era thunderers augmented with some older Marauder stuff I got from my friend the Dwarf player. ~30 so guys split about 1/4 between the 4 poses including command for 2 units.

GW still have loads of metal miniatures, not in the least every dwarf characters. Of which there are quite a few available currently.