[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs to be in Blood Bowl Legendary Edition!

Tyrelli:

Well thats how i read it

Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition!

We are honored to reveal Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition, that will come out on PC at the end of 2010!

Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition is the ultimate Blood Bowl edition! 12 new playable races join the 8 races already available in the 2009 edition. Blood Bowl fans will thus find all their favourite races from the original board game. Undeads, Amazons, Ogres and 9 other races enter Blood Bowl’s tournaments. All 20 races have their personal style, tactics and unique skills which give each game a diversity rarely seen in a strategy game.

There will be also new, more impressive stadiums to welcome all these new teams. From the snowy Norse stadium to the creepy interior of a crypt, the change of scenery is guaranteed.

A new Story mode is introduced, in which players will play as a freelance coach. They will have to lead several famous teams and take up many challenges through a story revealing the origins of Blood Bowl, the Old World and its many races that relentlessly compete with each other in merciless games. A newly scripted tutorial will teach all new comers everything they need to know about coaching a Blood Bowl team!

Of course, in order to stay as close as possible to the official rules, many additions and updates have been made to better match the latest Living Rulebook edition, used in all official board games official tournaments.

Tyrelli:

And three pages into the forum … from the developers !

Hello everybody,

About the number of races, there will be 20 races in Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition. The chaos dwarves will not be included.

Despite that I hope the 12 new races will fit some of your expectations.

Vince

:(:frowning:

Why ??? !!!

Ronshank:

How do you know they won’t be included Tyrelli?

All my information says that GW are being secretive about the last few teams and we won’t know until they release a full list. I am quite aware that the CD bloodbowl models availible offline are no where near as comprehensive as other teams but that doesn’t really mean that much, I mean even the Ogre list is sparse but they have been positively named as one of the new teams.

Swissdictator:

I would like them to port Blood bowl and the expansion to the PS3… otherwise I won’t be able to play it without upgrading my ram a gig or two.

Grimstonefire:

It’s already been confirmed that they are not in there. The developers showed an interest, but they decided not to. They were not told to keep them out (apparently).

Willmark:

Well that sucks. I wonder what the reasoning behind that was?

Time of Madness:

It would have been nice to see them in the game. We can always hope for an expansion :frowning:

Time of Madness

Grimstonefire:

@Willmark

Apparently they wanted to keep it at 12 playable factions, probably some sensible decision behind that for programming reasons??

They did say that amazons, Chaos Dwarfs and a few variants of other teams were things they would love to add in an expansion (probably never happen though). They could mod it themselves ‘officially’ for free imo.

Ronshank:

Darn (or stronger words to that effect) I was holding out hope

Loki:

This is sad news that CD wont be in the update, but on a brighter note its good to hear that they are doing an update, as it will be cool to play some of the other teams, playing as a halfling team will be fun :smiley:

cornixt:

I’m guessing it is because BCs are tough to animate. They are the only 4-legged creatures.