[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs vs Dwarfs

The Flying Beaver:

Post your tips for fighting Dwarf armies here.

Lord Archaon:

The Dwarfs are very cunning race to fight. The main targets to destroy are Gurocopters and Anvil of Doom. The worth unit to play with versus them are Blunderbusses.

If you have a shooty army then destroying the Anvil is almost inpossible so when you are putting terrain on table try to put it out of any players deploy zones. There are three units that can destroy it it’s Wolf Riders Earthsheker and Death Rocket. And wait for Miners from behind of your artilery so put a small unit of warriors behind it.

Don’t take 1 or 2 Wizards because Dwarfs are the worth army to fight with magic. I fought them with 3 Wizards and 1 Wizard Lords they had the same amount of dices as i had. If you are playing with Wizards take the Fire or Metal lores (the best way - both) and give to your Wizards 1 or 2 Power Stones.

AGPO:

Dwarfs are difficult to face as they are even more shooty than CDs. My advice is to concentrate on faster troops and artillery, as blunderbusses are too short ranged. When both armies core troops move at 3-6" a turn, its unlikely they’ll spend much time in range (although its always going to be fu when those miners appear in their firezone. I would tend to minimise the number of CD warriors, and use them to form a core reserve guarding the artillery from the likes of miners and gyrocopters. If you are going for magic then as Archaon says, don’t go half way, you need a lot to get through. That said, if you dont want to max out magic then even a level one with 2 scrolls is a must to counter the anvils. My first pics would be bull centaurs, wolfriders, and as much artillery as you can lay your hands on.

Ignore oathstones, just smash the stonebearers with artillery if you get the chance to claim the VPs. Gyrocopters are you’re main target for artillery though as they virtually ignore blunders. It may even be worth taking a few hobgoblin archers to deal with these pests. Black orcs and big’uns are also a good choice. Remember that you are not relentless so CD infantry is outmanouvered even by dwarfs (which is about the most embarrasing thing in the world). I would also invest in a taurus and some BC heroes to lead your wolfboyz.

The Slaver:

I would say earthshaker it up. One of my regular gaming opponents plays a dwarf gunline, and if your any good with the eathshaker, you can not only take out his troops, but prevent them from firing on you. Other than that, let the fast cav(woflboys) haras his lines, and let your faster troops claim table quarters.

Uzkul Werit:

I would advise against Fire magic. Their armour save is just too good that a few S4 hits won’t do much of a dent. Instead, use Metal and Shadow. Shadow is good for getting your troops into combat and out of their shooting (Unseen Lurker), stopping their shooting on a valuable Great Taurus (Pelt of Midnight) and Pit of Shades is funny on I2 models!

The Lore of Metal was designed to take on the Dwarfs. It can stop their war machines from shooting, destory pricey runic items and obiviously - Spirit of the Forge will come in handy!

AGPO:

A dwarf player I knew put a thane on an oathstone in a unit of quarrellers with great weapons and shields. Not only were they a good CC unit, but they could shoot all round. No sneaking behind the lines with flyers. I still haven’t thought of a counter to this except Shoot em

Hashut’s Blessing:

You aren’t legally able to put an oath stone in quarrellers. Tell them off and to read the oath stone rules…

AGPO:

@!*$? I will have to have words…I thought it was too effective a tactic to use legally, but I thought it was just rangers that weren’t allowed them

Hashut’s Blessing:

The units that are, are somethinglike: Longbeards, warriors, hammerers, ironbreakers. (Might be another one, but I don’t think so… Ask to see the book…)

grimsnikk:

And even if you could, it means you dont give up a bonus for flank charges, not that you have 360 sight.

hobblin:

Actually git it says you can see all round and HB was right about all the stone bearing units

Uzkul Werit:

To be honest, I don’t think we have much to worry about against Dwarfs. The guy I played yesterday spent so much time advancing backwards that his pricey Ironbreaker unit did nothing but get shot at. The key here is getting rid of the war maschines. I’d advise either a Great Taurus or (a useful little trivk against Organ Guns) switch you CD Heros for Bull Centaur Heros. Hide him in a unit of 'Ard Hobgoblins to act as a meatshield. As his charge range is 16 inches, have him charge out of the unit and into that pesky Organ Gun/Flame Cannon!

Lord Darkash:

a unit using an oathstone is not really much to worry about, you just ignore it with you troops and shoot the hell out of it. Imagine walking your blunderbusseir unit so its an inch away and letting rip!

hobblin:

Well after today I’m a dwarf expert wow 6hours in a GW and 4 battles against dwarfs.

Here’s some tips from all those games

If ard hobbos flank charges a dwarf unit with shield they should cause 2 casultys and the dwarfs lose by some number an the run to their deaths.

Bolt throwers affect there deploment drasticly like for example he put his organ gun behind a forist.More tips coming later.

Lord Darkash:

like for example he put his organ gun behind a forist.

hobblin
Behind a forest?? That seems a little... Strange. obviously it could have made sense, i wasnt there but its hard to see the advantage!

hal:

Do you mean that he put it in a forest?

Your bolt throwers should not have affected the placement of his artillery and if it did then he’s not a good player.

hobblin:

Well to be fair he was new to the game and I forgot one thing destroy flame cannons or die.

Uzkul Werit:

Ah ha! The Great Taurus comes even more handy against Flame Cannons. Use him to get rid of it like ant other war machine but remember the Taurus and the Rider are immune to fire!

Just tell the Dwarf player that after he’s fired it at the Lord. :smiley:

hal:

Well to be fair he was new to the game and I forgot one thing destroy flame cannons or die.
Fair enough then, although as a more experienced gamer you should probably give a bit of advice during the game (unless you dont like him of course :P)

wallacer:

Buy lots of Hobgoblins to use as cannon fodder.

Use your bolt throwers and earthshakers to murder the unit on the flank with the oath stone, then try to finish off that unit with anything tough enough and close enough to hurt it.

also - watch out for the lord on the shield. He is a tank. avoid him if you can.

Another thing to be aware of - Gyrocopters may be used to march block you.