[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs vs Lizardmen Battle Report 001 (Video)

Odatria:

Chaos Dwarfs vs Lizardmen Battle Report 001

- YouTube

Rettile:

nice report. I didn’t like deployment very much, though :wink:

Odatria:

nice report. I didn't like deployment very much, though ;)

Rettile
Why's that?

Wolf :

Good Battle Report, keep them coming.

PS nicely painted army.

Spencer:

Nice battle rep: Dynamic, well painted army, nice fight!

I think you didn’t moove carfully enough with your iron deamon. I would have keep them near the hellcanon and shoot on the carnosor who was the main danger on your left side. Against 4 monster your main objective with the ID is to avoid getting stuck into combat because you know that your shooting phases with ID are going to be difficult to manage for your opponent.

I think what rettile means about your deployment was that you got no counter-charge opportunies by deploying that way. I also think that your right side is too weak and would probably have been lost if the stegadon would have managed the charge on your centaurs.

Some advices for your next fights:

- put your sorceler prophet inside your iron guards and give him a good armour & ward save

- deploy with everything much closer together. you should have more counter charge opportunities

- play some khan on wolf. they’ll buy you time

- maybe go with 2 lvl 2 rather than 1 lvl 4 at 2k points level?

- don’t charge with 3 bull centaurs alone vs a big unit. They have only 6 attacks…

- lore of fire is probably the worst lore for our prophet on foot.

Btw the build great weapon & shield on bull centaurs is illegal, isn’t it?

I’m looking forward to your next battle report! :slight_smile:

Odatria:

Nice battle rep: Dynamic, well painted army, nice fight!

I think you didn't moove carfully enough with your iron deamon. I would have keep them near the hellcanon and shoot on the carnosor who was the main danger on your left side. Against 4 monster your main objective with the ID is to avoid getting stuck into combat because you know that your shooting phases with ID are going to be difficult to manage for your opponent.

I think what rettile means about your deployment was that you got no counter-charge opportunies by deploying that way. I also think that your right side is too weak and would probably have been lost if the stegadon would have managed the charge on your centaurs.

Some advices for your next fights:
- put your sorceler prophet inside your iron guards and give him a good armour & ward save
- deploy with everything much closer together. you should have more counter charge opportunities
- play some khan on wolf. they'll buy you time
- maybe go with 2 lvl 2 rather than 1 lvl 4 at 2k points level?
- don't charge with 3 bull centaurs alone vs a big unit. They have only 6 attacks...
- lore of fire is probably the worst lore for our prophet on foot.

Btw the build great weapon & shield on bull centaurs is illegal, isn't it?

I'm looking forward to your next battle report! :)

Spencer
Great weapon and shields isn't illegal but you can't use the shields in combat, it gives you extra armour against shooting though.

We usually play 2400 to 3000 but wanted a smaller game for the first video so I agree in hindsight about the level 4 not being great in this. More daemonsmith rolls would have helped a lot. As for the lore I tend to use fire for the range when he is staying back in the gunline. Using a Taurus it's always fire too, I sometimes run Hashut but only on a carpet or Lammasu. Death is great I tend to use it on multiple daemonsmith lists for plenty of spirit leech. Metal I use but only situationally.

I have and do use wolf kans but scaling down my army from 2400 they are one thing I took out. I know ed doesn't usually run small skirmish or flank units so they can become less useful for me.

What happened with deployment was I put down the Fireglaives as a decoy and got the saurus block opposite them, then started to castle behind the river but ed kept putting units on the other corner, so I ended up putting the hellcannon there too hoping it would slow down the monsters reaching the other warmachines. I guess that kind of worked out ok for me. The Iron daemon I put down on that side because that's where all the infantry were. I was really hoping it shot the bastilodon out of the way and hit the Slanns' unit of Saurus. That didn't quite work out and in hindsight was not a good idea with 3 monsters surrounding it's prime target. The Centaurs were my monster hunters but after dealing with one steg were in no position to reach the others so that's why they charged the Saurus instead. All in all though things didn't go too badly throughout.

Rettile:

I was meaning exactly what Spencer told you: not just lost countercharge options tough. You deployed many of your ranged attacks in a corner (prophet, magma cannon, deathshrieker) facing just a stegadon: you were able to hit saurus warriors, but your opponent could just keep them outside your range and smash all his units in your left flank (he did a good job anyway casting regrowth on warriors). My advice is to keep your army close when you don’t have tons of models. I agree with Spencer regarding the iron daemon: shooting monsters should be better than charging them when using an ID. Always try to charge your train in infantry for thunderstomp. If you have to charge a monster and you have a carnosaur, an ancient stegadon and a bastiladon near you, tough, choose the stegadon: you will deny him his impact hits (sometimes multiwounding), and he can hurt you less if compared to a mounted carnosaur (many attack, high strenght, D3 wounds on the monster’s attacks) or a bastiladon (he has a single st10 attack). Nice game anyway, friendly lists are the best ones!

Lizardmen are the first of my two armies so i enjoyed very much this match :wink:

MadHatter:

Nice report, liked that you kept it dynamic and congratulations to the victory!

The Bullcentaurs could have tried to assassinate that front-rank Slann, they’re terribly lost in the front of a unit. I suggest you exchange them for some Khans! Lore of Death is nice versus Lizards also Lore of Hashut, in this game getting 2 ashstorms off on that carny before it charged would have saved you from 4 rounds of cc with it :slight_smile:

Yodrin:

Nice bat rep, gz on your win.

I think you were to spread out on your deployment, and I think Lore of Hashut would worked well in this battle. Not sure why you didn’t reform your fireglaives to avoid the flank charge. Then you could have got some more attacks and been steadfast.

Rule number one on the Iron deamon is to have a safe charge, never get charged, it sucks in CC even with thunder stomp on regular troop units. Charge, wipe, reform is my preferred tactic on it;). You should consider hellhound on it as well;)

LF to your next fantasy bat rep!

Doombeard:

Enjoyed watching this a lot and look forward to seeing some more stuff in your garage! I think you could show more dice rolls and gameplay to make it more exciting, like Striking Scorpion’s bat reps on 'tube. Really nice though enjoyed it a lot =)

Forgefire:

Good report enjoyed watching it. I don’t play warhammer myself but i understood what was happening anyways. Looking forward to more chaos dwarf victories!